• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Starting in SJPDP

Janniene

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 from Léon to Santiago
2018 planning to start in SJPDP en end after 20 walking days..
I am planning on a start in october for 3 weeks Camino Frances starting in SJPDP . Shall I stay overnight in Orisson or walk the whole way to Roncesvalles ?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi @Janniene

Are you "just" going to Leon or is it really however far you get? How did you find your day walking up to O Cebreiro? how far did you walk that day and how did you feel about it? This might act as guidance for decision, if it was really tough, then maybe consider stopping at Orisson. How far did you feel comfortable each day on your last Camino? I would say for most people 20 days to Leon is very doable so if that's your aim I would say there's no rush.

Sorry, more questions than answers but without knowing more the only answer I can give is "It depends".

Buen Caminio,

Rob.

Staying in Orisson was quite memorable for me. I was glad to break up the first day, enjoyed the accommodations, the people, the views, the food, etc. When I return next year with my girlfriend I will again stay in Orisson.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Up to you and your physical condition and how early or late you want to start walking that first day.
Orisson is only about 8 kilometers from Saint Jean. It really does not take very long to get there.

Back