A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

Starting in SJPP on 7/14, how to wind up in Madrid on 7/26

JSB2018

Camino(s) past & future
None, this is my first, leaving on July 14, 2018
Hello,
This is my first time on the Camino and I'd appreciate any advice. I am starting the Camino de Santiago, the French way, on Saturday 7/14 in SJPP. I need to be in Madrid by the evening of 7/26 to catch a flight the morning of 7/27. I can walk about 20km a day. Any suggestions of where I should try to get to to that would have good transportation back to Madrid? Thank you!! I just need to make it somewhere where I can easily catch a train or bus but am not sure what a good goal town should be.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
Portugués / Mozárabe (2019)
Logroño or Burgos are the obvious choices in terms of transport options, although neither matches up perfectly with your timeframe of 13 days. Logroño is eight days' walk at your pace (~160km) while Burgos is 15 (~300km). If you're willing to extend your 20km/day by a a few km/day, I think Burgos is the best choice - have a look at the Gronze stages (12 stage days from SJPdP to Burgos) and see if you think that could be manageable.

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Hi, JS, and welcome to the Forum :)

Go as far as you can toward Logrono or Burgos. Two days before you need to catch your flight, take a taxi from where you are on the Frances to either of those cities if you haven't already arrived. Then you can arrange a bus or train to Madrid. It will be easy to get back to Madrid and MAD. If you do get into Madrid early enough before your departure, it is a wonderful city to visit :)

Camino(s) past & future
2015 Frances, 2017 Frances, (2019 ???)
Walk to Pamplona.

Hang out.

Bus to Madrid.

Fly home.

Enjoy,
and when your ready, return to Pamplona, walk to Santiago.

Enjoy.

Peace be with you.

Buen Camino.

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 156 26.0%