• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in two days!

Aspigrina

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
I am terribly excited and also scared to death. I am temporarily leaving my job and family to walk the Norte as far as I dare.
I am Spanish but will be crossing the border and going to Bayonne cause Gronze recommended it and I love adventure. Few pilgrims there, I'm afraid but in two days I will be in Irún and meet maybe some of you.
It's going to rain cats and dogs (chuzos de punta) and that makes the adventure more adventurous. Got last minute nerves and went today to decathlon to buy some rain pants.
So... That's it. I am doing this as a gift to myself. I feel indescribably free.
Glad to share this with you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I felt the same way my first time. I get serious travel anxiety everytime. And everytime I get there and get going it just washes away like magic. You’ll love it! I am starting from Biarritz airport on the 14 so will be behind you a few days! Feel free to reach out if you need!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I felt the same way my first time. I get serious travel anxiety everytime. And everytime I get there and get going it just washes away like magic. You’ll love it! I am starting from Biarritz airport on the 14 so will be behind you a few days! Feel free to reach out if you need!
Sure, same here!

I am terribly excited and also scared to death. I am temporarily leaving my job and family to walk the Norte as far as I dare.
I am Spanish but will be crossing the border and going to Bayonne cause Gronze recommended it and I love adventure. Few pilgrims there, I'm afraid but in two days I will be in Irún and meet maybe some of you.
It's going to rain cats and dogs (chuzos de punta) and that makes the adventure more adventurous. Got last minute nerves and went today to decathlon to buy some rain pants.
So... That's it. I am doing this as a gift to myself. I feel indescribably free.
Hi we start on Friday at Irun see you on the trail Bill and Sandra 👍

Well done, and you will find lots of members following you along the way - hope you will have time and energy to post, and that way you will help others in the future. Buen camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi. We are currently at the Izar Bide Aterpetxea albergue in Ibiri after a hot climb out of Deba. It is well worth the stay - cooler and very well run, for those looking for accommodation. In San Sebastián we highly recommend staying at Pension Aia.

It just occurred to me to say: raining cats and dogs is one of the phrases beloved of some Spanish friends who came to stay with us while they attended language school. My version in Spanish has been 'a cantaros', but I like yours better!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Best of luck ill be starting next week and will be feeling exactly the same im sure. Nervous /excited...but totally committed to doing this! Never regretted it in the past.
Have a wonderful time x

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.