• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in two days!

Aspigrina

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
I am terribly excited and also scared to death. I am temporarily leaving my job and family to walk the Norte as far as I dare.
I am Spanish but will be crossing the border and going to Bayonne cause Gronze recommended it and I love adventure. Few pilgrims there, I'm afraid but in two days I will be in Irún and meet maybe some of you.
It's going to rain cats and dogs (chuzos de punta) and that makes the adventure more adventurous. Got last minute nerves and went today to decathlon to buy some rain pants.
So... That's it. I am doing this as a gift to myself. I feel indescribably free.
Glad to share this with you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I felt the same way my first time. I get serious travel anxiety everytime. And everytime I get there and get going it just washes away like magic. You’ll love it! I am starting from Biarritz airport on the 14 so will be behind you a few days! Feel free to reach out if you need!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I felt the same way my first time. I get serious travel anxiety everytime. And everytime I get there and get going it just washes away like magic. You’ll love it! I am starting from Biarritz airport on the 14 so will be behind you a few days! Feel free to reach out if you need!
Sure, same here!

I am terribly excited and also scared to death. I am temporarily leaving my job and family to walk the Norte as far as I dare.
I am Spanish but will be crossing the border and going to Bayonne cause Gronze recommended it and I love adventure. Few pilgrims there, I'm afraid but in two days I will be in Irún and meet maybe some of you.
It's going to rain cats and dogs (chuzos de punta) and that makes the adventure more adventurous. Got last minute nerves and went today to decathlon to buy some rain pants.
So... That's it. I am doing this as a gift to myself. I feel indescribably free.
Hi we start on Friday at Irun see you on the trail Bill and Sandra 👍

Well done, and you will find lots of members following you along the way - hope you will have time and energy to post, and that way you will help others in the future. Buen camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi. We are currently at the Izar Bide Aterpetxea albergue in Ibiri after a hot climb out of Deba. It is well worth the stay - cooler and very well run, for those looking for accommodation. In San Sebastián we highly recommend staying at Pension Aia.

It just occurred to me to say: raining cats and dogs is one of the phrases beloved of some Spanish friends who came to stay with us while they attended language school. My version in Spanish has been 'a cantaros', but I like yours better!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Best of luck ill be starting next week and will be feeling exactly the same im sure. Nervous /excited...but totally committed to doing this! Never regretted it in the past.
Have a wonderful time x

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.