A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

starting July 9

Camino Badges

mike mcbroom

Camino(s) past & future
Francis June 17, 2015 ,Portagusee from Porto to Santiago August 2016, Francis may 2018 this year wil
I will be starting the Primativo on the 9th with 13 and 17 year old grandsons. Cant wait to get started. Just a little nervous abot the difficultly of the route

Miss Diesel

Camino(s) past & future
Northern Camino 2017
I will be starting the Primativo on the 9th with 13 and 17 year old grandsons. Cant wait to get started. Just a little nervous abot the difficultly of the route
Route from Oviedo has a lot of ascent but extremely beautiful. My husband and I did 8 days from Oviedo to Lugo. We are regular hikers and would have found it very challenging otherwise. I know it depends how far you go every day but also difficult to get provisions some days. Wonderful route but check your ascents and descents for every day. Very quiet towards other routes

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
I walked the Norte last year at age 64. I didn't switch to the Primitivo. Met some friends I walked with and they said the Primitivo was tougher than the Norte. They said it was beautiful. I found the Norte tough with all the hills along the coast. But it was worth it. Take your time and I hope you did alot of hill training. But I know you can do it!!! You are a lucky man to be able to go with your grandchildren. Keep that pack light!!!

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés, '14 '17 Finisterre, '14 '17 '18 Primitivo, '15 '18 Portuguese, '17, '18 San Salvador, '18
Pace yourself, take frequent rest stops and try not to be too goal oriented. Most of the stages can be divided if needed. Many more options now than in the past!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%