Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting July 9

mike mcbroom

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis June 17, 2015 ,Portagusee from Porto to Santiago August 2016, Francis may 2018 this year wil
I will be starting the Primativo on the 9th with 13 and 17 year old grandsons. Cant wait to get started. Just a little nervous abot the difficultly of the route

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be starting the Primativo on the 9th with 13 and 17 year old grandsons. Cant wait to get started. Just a little nervous abot the difficultly of the route
Route from Oviedo has a lot of ascent but extremely beautiful. My husband and I did 8 days from Oviedo to Lugo. We are regular hikers and would have found it very challenging otherwise. I know it depends how far you go every day but also difficult to get provisions some days. Wonderful route but check your ascents and descents for every day. Very quiet towards other routes

I walked the Norte last year at age 64. I didn't switch to the Primitivo. Met some friends I walked with and they said the Primitivo was tougher than the Norte. They said it was beautiful. I found the Norte tough with all the hills along the coast. But it was worth it. Take your time and I hope you did alot of hill training. But I know you can do it!!! You are a lucky man to be able to go with your grandchildren. Keep that pack light!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Pace yourself, take frequent rest stops and try not to be too goal oriented. Most of the stages can be divided if needed. Many more options now than in the past!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back