• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Levante/Sanabres from Avila

Time of past OR future Camino
Levant from Avila 2013
We are starting our Camino on 24 September in Avila, leaving Sydney on Sunday 15 September. Seeking an update on the route. I have peregrina2000's excellent reports from June, and wondered if there were any more recent updates.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Bob, you have a great Camino coming up. Avila's albergue is very nice, and it's right on the Camino on the way out of town. But if you plan to stay a few nights in Avila, you should know they are very strict about only letting pilgrims stay one night in the albergue. So you'll probably want to spend the night there before you walk and the other time in the old part of town, where there are tons of places to stay as you might guess.

I hope you'll report back. I'm assuming you won't find too many other peregrinos but you never know. Buen camino, Laurie

Laurie,
Many thanks - we are in fact staying in a Hostal so we can spend a few days (and have a rest day or two) in each of the major cities. I've attached a pic of our whole trip, much more train/bus distance than walking. We plan to walk the 600 or so km in about 28 days.

Attachments

• Full Trip.jpg
    Full Trip.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 29
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back