Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Starting Mid March

Waka

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Has anyone walked the VDLP starting from Saville mid March, if so are there any pitfalls

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Major pitfalls (for me) where the stream crossings as it had been apparently a rainy winter, some of these streams looked like they could be much, much wider after a REALLY rainy winter. Buen Camino, SY

Waka

Veteran Member
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Major pitfalls (for me) where the stream crossings as it had been apparently a rainy winter, some of these streams looked like they could be much, much wider after a REALLY rainy winter. Buen Camino, SY

Whatever the weather I'm not taking diving gear. I will study your blog with interest.

mmm042

VDLP 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
I've walked several times starting in mid-March. I liked it very much. Yes, you may have some swollen streams, but I can't think of any that were problematic. If the stream around Guillena is too deep, for example, you can just walk through town. And there's a stretch somewhere past Salamanca, I believe, where there can be water under a viaduct. But again, you can just skirt around (there are directions). Ditto with the spot just outside Montamarta.

Have fun!
Melanie

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Cliff175

April / May Camino Frances 2013
Portuguese Camino May of 2014
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
2017 March -- VDLP Seville to Santiago
I've walked several times starting in mid-March. I liked it very much. Yes, you may have some swollen streams, but I can't think of any that were problematic. If the stream around Guillena is too deep, for example, you can just walk through town. And there's a stretch somewhere past Salamanca, I believe, where there can be water under a viaduct. But again, you can just skirt around (there are directions). Ditto with the spot just outside Montamarta.

Have fun!
Melanie
Holla,
I'm walking the VDLP the third week of this march. I plan on taking a 600 fill down jacket, is that too warm ? I have a fleece jacket I could use instead. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Thank You,Cliff

bsewall

Via de la Plata & Camino Frances (2013 & 2016).
I avoid down in sleeping bags and jackets primarily because of the risk that they may become wet and take forever to dry out. I have a mid-weight fleece jacket that has done me well on two Caminos. All I do is use layering underneath the jacket to adjust to hot and cold days.

To get an idea of what the weather and terrain are like in March and early April on the VdlP, you might want to visit my web site - http://camino.bsewall.com/wordpress/

Cliff175

April / May Camino Frances 2013
Portuguese Camino May of 2014
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
2017 March -- VDLP Seville to Santiago
Thank you, think I'll stay with the fleece ,
Appreciate your advice
Cliff

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated