• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting my journey on Sunday

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
God never promised
A life without pain,
Laughter with out tears
Or sun without rain.
But He did promise strength for the day,
Comfort for the tears
And light for the way,
And for all who believe in His Heaven above
He rewards their faith
In His everlasting love.
--Author Unknown

God never promised
A life without pain,
Laughter with out tears
Or sun without rain.
But He did promise strength for the day,
Comfort for the tears
And light for the way,
And for all who believe in His Heaven above
He rewards their faith
In His everlasting love.
--Author Unknown
Great piece and good for reflection as Contraprincess starts the Camino. All the best and enjoy each day, it only comes once and you can't relive yesterday, you can't live tomorrowbut you can live the real world of right now .
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dear Donna.
I read your blog and understand the hope of healing while on the camino. I will walk my first camino next year. I feel a longing to go, and pray that somehow I will be stronger, braver perhaps. I pray for a wonderful, healing walk for you, that you will leave the camino full of hope and strength. I would like to share my favorite scriptures in the hope they will help you too.

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

Blessings and buen camino.
karen

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Please go to a quiet place, sit down and think for two hours about what YOU want from this Camino and also what you can give back to it. You WILL find the answers and when you do, get up and enjoy the walk. Listen to your body. Empty your mind. Search for a rhythm to suit you and find 'the zone'. Buen Camino.

Dear Donna.
I read your blog and understand the hope of healing while on the camino. I will walk my first camino next year. I feel a longing to go, and pray that somehow I will be stronger, braver perhaps. I pray for a wonderful, healing walk for you, that you will leave the camino full of hope and strength. I would like to share my favorite scriptures in the hope they will help you too.

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

Blessings and buen camino.
karen

Dear Karen,

I have had many experiences on the Camino that confirms my life purpose. Connecting and helping others heal. I am getting stronger and stronger. I walk slower than most, but have come to realize Camino in not the path my feet walk on, but the journey within.

I pray for your Camino. I could not train before I embarked on this journey. God gives me strength on the road every step.

Just be kind to yourself. Thank you for the blessings and scripture. Very much needed and beautiful.

Buen Camino

Donna

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear Karen,

I have had many experiences on the Camino that confirms my life purpose. Connecting and helping others heal. I am getting stronger and stronger. I walk slower than most, but have come to realize Camino in not the path my feet walk on, but the journey within.

I pray for your Camino. I could not train before I embarked on this journey. God gives me strength on the road every step.

Just be kind to yourself. Thank you for the blessings and scripture. Very much needed and beautiful.

Buen Camino

Donna.
Thank you so much for your kindness. I will be thinking of you and praying for you as you walk. May the spirit of the Living God be with you.
Buen Camino.
Karen

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Your last update tells me you've found "the zone" I mentioned in an earlier post. Good on you, and buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.