• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting my next Camino from Bayonne

rometimed

Time of past OR future Camino
(SJPdP: 2015, MAY/JUNE2022!!! ) (Eng Way: 2015)
Hello hello again Camino Forums!

La Voie de la Nive forum is a little dead so I thought I'd add a thread and later post my impressions here.

I will be walking the Camino from SJPdP starting May 17, 2022 but I plan to do a warm up from the cathedral in Bayonne to SJPdP via la Voie de la Nive over just a few days (May 13 to 15).

Seems like a nice warm up and I have booked one spot in a local mentioned in a thread below "Aire-Berria" Guest House.

My path:

May 13, Bayonne to Larressore (About 16 KMs)
May 14, Larressore to Irissarry (About 27 KMs)
May 15, Irissarry to SJPdP (About 16 KMs)

I also have a whole day off on the 16th and was looking for any interesting recommendations.

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wonderful @rometimed What a good idea. We are walking the Chemin du Peimont in April. And we need to make our way up to Bayonne. So, if we arrive in SJPP if we have a few days to spare, we plan to walk the Voie de la Nive - in the reverse, rather than take the train. A little later in our time in France, we plan to walk the Camino Baztan from Bayonne to Pamplona. A little bit of a loop in the same area - but it fits in with our other commitments. Basque Country is so beautiful.

Bon chemin. Buen Camino.

Wonderful @rometimed What a good idea. We are walking the Chemin du Peimont in April. And we need to make our way up to Bayonne. So, if we arrive in SJPP if we have a few days to spare, we plan to walk the Voie de la Nive - in the reverse, rather than take the train. A little later in our time in France, we plan to walk the Camino Baztan from Bayonne to Pamplona. A little bit of a loop in the same area - but it fits in with our other commitments. Basque Country is so beautiful.

Bon chemin. Buen Camino.

Yes, the Basque region rivals Galicia in my mind for that type of beauty.

I hope you have a wonderful series of adventures.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Aire-Berria Guest House was a delight when we stayed there in 2019! Absolutely lovely. Just know that the route from there to SJPdP is sporadically waymarked (I think fellow travelers tend to steal as souvenirs the small metal medallions used to mark the trail) and you may get a bit lost, even with gos mapping. Eventually, you’ll find your way but be prepared for an unexpected detour or two.

The Aire-Berria Guest House was a delight when we stayed there in 2019! Absolutely lovely. Just know that the route from there to SJPdP is sporadically waymarked (I think fellow travelers tend to steal as souvenirs the small metal medallions used to mark the trail) and you may get a bit lost, even with gos mapping. Eventually, you’ll find your way but be prepared for an unexpected detour or two.
Awesome! I got no problem getting lost for a while. Makes things interesting. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back