• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting next week

Ramblanista

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances & Finisterre (2012); Ruta del Ebro (Tortosa to Sastago) (2014); Camino del Norte (Santander - Serdio) (2014); Camino Liebana & Camino Vadiniense (2014); Camino San Salvador (2015); Camino Olvidado (Sodupe - Reinosa) (2015); Camino del Norte (Irun - Deba & Serdio - Llanes) (2015)
After much vacillating and ruminating over different routes I've finally opted for the Ruta del Ebro which I'll follow onto the Camino Catalan as far as Gallur. From there I intend to take the Camino Castellano-Aragones to Burgos.

I walked my first Camino - the Frances - in 2012. Pilgrimages affect people in different ways; mine led me to study them as part of a PhD on landscape and theology. There will be, of course, a huge contrast between the Frances and these three routes but that's part of the fun. I'm taking the train all the way from Bristol to Tortosa via the railway line that crosses the eastern Pyrenees at Latour du Carol.

I'll be making regular updates on my blog http://ramblanista.blogspot.co.uk/and I'll post any information on waymarking and accommodation on this forum.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I hope you enjoy it and look forward to reading about your experiences. Earlier this year, when I had to be in the area for work, I managed to skive off for a day and walk from Tortosa to Xerta, taking a bus back down. It was very beautiful going up the river valley with the mountains on both sides, and the GR marking was good, although I didn't see many flechas. A cousin of my mother's was killed at the Battle of the Ebro at Gandesa in 1938, fighting with the International Brigade, and I believe his name is on a war memorial there (apparently one of the few loyalist ones not vandalised by the fascist rebels), so that will be worth seeing when I eventually do this camino, perhaps next year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.