• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Oct. 2

Multipurpose

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April (2018) maybe 2017
Hi all, finally starting from St. Jean for the CF Oct 2. Hoping for at least 500 miles maybe more if we go to Finisterre. Going with my best friend Sammi who grew up in Madrid and still has relatives in Spain. Our original flights were cancelled due to hurricane Irma so we had to re-schedule. Nothing can stop us now, not hurricanes, terrorism in Barcelona, (our first stop) or Catalonian independence voting--except maybe a plague of locusts. We are both from the Sacramento area in the great Central Valley of California. I am single and 69 and Sammi is happily married and 57. We are both strong hikers but Sammi is a little faster than me of course because he is younger. We both love to talk, so if you see us on the trail, give us a holler. Sammi has a black Osprey pack and I have red REI model, both about 40L and loaded with about 15 lb. We are both lightweight backpackers here in California, so heavy gear doesn't suit us. I am especially looking forward to talking to Irish folks since some of my grandparents were from county Kilkenny. And Sammi is looking forward to conversing in Spanish with his fellow countrymen. Yee haw, round me up, head me out!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Awesome! Good luck to you and your friend Sammi. See you in Santiago! Buena suerte, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Awesome! Good luck to you and your friend Sammi. See you in Santiago! Buena suerte, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Hi Sailor, nice to hear from you again. I was incommunicado for a while due to circumstances beyond my control, but I am back now. Are you on the Camino now?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Sailor, nice to hear from you again. I was incommunicado for a while due to circumstances beyond my control, but I am back now. Are you on the Camino now?
Good evening. Flying out this weekend, and will start to walk from SJPP on September 27th, with an overnighter at Orisson. Walking slooooowly, so, anyone leaving one week after us will be able to catch up and pass by, just remember to say hello and adios when you pass by! Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Good evening. Flying out this weekend, and will start to walk from SJPP on September 27th, with an overnighter at Orisson. Walking slooooowly, so, anyone leaving one week after us will be able to catch up and pass by, just remember to say hello and adios when you pass by! Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Good deal sailor. we will definitely look for you. We are planning to do 15 miles a day because that's what we do here in the mountains of northern CA, but whether we can do that day after day on the CF-- who knows? We are flying to Barcelona to visit Sammi's Aunt Riemi for a few days and then taking a train to St. Jean to start the Camino on Oct 2nd. We are staying at Orrison also. We plan to stop in between the Brierly guide stages. Hang in there fellow squid!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back