• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting on July 11th

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This will be the 5th year in a row of pilgrimage. We start the Salvador on July 11th after hearing so much about it, and will walk the Primitivo again afterwards. Will post when we can.

Buen Camino
It’s a beautiful camino, not many pilgrims either. The hills are fabulous- you’ll love it.

It’s a beautiful camino, not many pilgrims either. The hills are fabulous- you’ll love it.
Meant to say, I did it last year & loved it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just beware the looonnngg day from Poladura to Campomanes (Buendueños). Assess your fitness well, as if you chose not to stop halfway in Pajares, the down hill from San Miguel is relentless! I beat up my knee after 20 km of downhill, A LOT on pavement. But it is FABULOUS as far as scenery, and the climbing, I didn't find all that bad. It was the downhill that did me in. If you don't have enough detail, you may refer to my website and day three and day four which covers this standard third stage. I divided the stage into two days, even though I didn't walk it in two days, as I am not recommending they be done together unless you really know you are fit enough to do it. I wish I had made a different decision, as I continue to battle knee tendinitis, 10 months later.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Our plan is to do the Salvador in 6 days; La Robla, Poladura, Pajres, Benduenos, Mieres, Oviedo. Elle sorry about your tendinitis, ouch!! I have had good response to acupuncture for similar injures.

It will be good to be back in Spain. We took a break from Spain last year to walk the LePuy - highly recommend that one.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Our plan is to do the Salvador in 6 days; La Robla, Poladura, Pajres, Benduenos, Mieres, Oviedo. Elle sorry about your tendinitis, ouch!! I have had good response to acupuncture for similar injures.

It will be good to be back in Spain. We took a break from Spain last year to walk the LePuy - highly recommend that one.
@LakeMcD Last fall, I choose exactly those stages. The first two are bit long for the start of a Camino, but I still think it's the best choice because it allows you to split the section between Poladura and Benduenos into two days, and still make it through in 6 days. I also followed up with the Primitivo. I must say the elevation ups and downs in those two Caminos are very significant. Have look at our blog, from September 2018 for a few hints. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
MileHighPair could you provide me with a like to your blog, mucho gracias.

MileHighPair could you provide me with a like to your blog, mucho gracias.
This was my first entry for the Salvador/Primitivo camino in 2018. There should be a link at the bottom for the following day, etc. Buen Camino!

We finished the Santiago yesterday and will begin the Primativo today. The early mountain stages were magnificent. I was a bit surprised at the amount of pavement and proximity to national highway at the second half of the trip but just as we began to wonder if that would be the norm into Oviedo, we were delighted to be on an old Roman road again.

One nice surprise was just how far we could hike with minimal breakfast ;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We finished the Santiago yesterday and will begin the Primativo today. The early mountain stages were magnificent. I was a bit surprised at the amount of pavement and proximity to national highway at the second half of the trip but just as we began to wonder if that would be the norm into Oviedo, we were delighted to be on an old Roman road again.

One nice surprise was just how far we could hike with minimal breakfast ;)
Way to go! Yes, the day to Mieres is not very pleasant IMHO with lots of pavement. 😕 I also loved the final day in Oviedo! Buen Camino as you go onward on the Primitivo! Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back