• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting on the 1st April 2018.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Starting the week behind (or actually after ;)) you, leaving SJPP on the 8th. Don’t forget that April 1st is Easter, as well as April Fools day!

Airline changes! Looks like we’ll be leaving SJPP on the 6th with a bunch of other people on this thread. My husband and I are Southern Californian and will take Napoleón depending...we received the message from Orisson as have others, won’t take reservations ahead of time but check with pilgrim office when we get there.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Starting the week behind (or actually after ;)) you, leaving SJPP on the 8th. Don’t forget that April 1st is Easter, as well as April Fools day!

Yes thank you I am trying to plan accordingly but of course depends on flights from Florida. Plan to spend a night in BCN or Madrid Then another in Pamplona before starting. I really am looking forward to seeing the way Spain celebrates Easter. Hope to see you on the trail somewhere I will be the one walking at a snail’s pace and enjoying the view Buen Camino!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Please be sure to register with the Pilgrim Office in SJPP before you walk and to pay attention to weather reports! Also, I'm not sure how the weather is this year, but remember Roncesvalles in 2012!
Roncesvalles April 2012
Thank you . I ordered my guidebook thru the forum and happy to know the pilgrim’s passport comes along with it . Always a good idea to prepare by asking the people who have current info SJPP Pligrims Office cannot be missed.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’m very excited for this journey. My first camino also. Where are people coming from that are leaving in the 1st or 2nd. It’s going to be good to meet new people. I’m coming from Australia.

I have never been overseas and I certainly have never taken part in such an adventure. I would love to walk over the mountains but if I have to go around well so be it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m very excited for this journey. My first camino also. Where are people coming from that are leaving in the 1st or 2nd. It’s going to be good to meet new people. I’m coming from Australia.

I have never been overseas and I certainly have never taken part in such an adventure. I would love to walk over the mountains but if I have to go around well so be it.
I agree with you about the mountain is involved as I have had 4 surgeries on my left knee and the right one grumbles sometimes but still I aim to try. I’m on the slow train but feel free to hop on board. I try to get walks in everyday and also ride my bike as much as I can I also try to be realistic about my abilities. The knee forces me to take it easy and plan for any possibility ..it’s the best I can do because I want to breathe all the camino experience in. Knee brace check...Great Lowa boots...check, Leki antishock trekking poles..check, Tens unit ...check, and anti inflammatory cream check. We can do it! ..so says Nike

Also starting my walk April but starting in Pamplona on the 6th perhaps I will be seeing some of you who start in SJP along the way:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm leaving SJPP on April 5 but walking the lower Valcarlos route. Am I a realist or wimp? It doesn't matter... I'm just trying to set myself up for success to finish. Buen Camino!

For some reason. I always thought I would do the Napoleon route and still plan on it but after reading some of theses posts if it is still closed April 6 I will do the Valcarlos route and it won’t bother me. It is the original route and can has a steep climb as well. It is the destination not the journey right? Ok maybe both

Starting on 1 April for sure @Jarrod @Saul'ius barring any unforeseen circumstance. Made my Airline reservations last night and flying into Barcelona spending a day then train to Pamplona and also spend a night. Bought tickets to Pamplona on the renfe website....yes it took forever, site crashed came back and crashed again but finally have confirmation of paid ticket. Only thing left is the bus to SJDPP....I suppose it will be ok to buy a ticket at the bus station.

If someone wants to share a taxi from Pamplona to SDJPP on 31 March I am flexible and open to the idea. Not sure which routeover the Pyrenees yet I guess that depends on the weather and my knees. The plan is to spend a night in Valcarlos or Orisson. Does anyone know how far in advance to make a reservation? What if the Napoleon Route is closed on 1April ?. What to do then? Not sure I can make it over the mountain in one day with bad knees. I was on the Orisson website but it does not say.

Wow to my surprise got home from a long bike ride and what greeted me in my mail box? My guidebook and pilgrims passport . It’s just become real people!. Thanks @ivar that was pretty fast!

Attachments

• B7147CB0-76EF-4777-9FF4-8CB8601FAE15.jpeg
    B7147CB0-76EF-4777-9FF4-8CB8601FAE15.jpeg
    988.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Starting on 1 April for sure @Jarrod @Saul'ius barring any unforeseen circumstance. Made my Airline reservations last night and flying into Barcelona spending a day then train to Pamplona and also spend a night. Bought tickets to Pamplona on the renfe website....yes it took forever, site crashed came back and crashed again but finally have confirmation of paid ticket. Only thing left is the bus to SJDPP....I suppose it will be ok to buy a ticket at the bus station.

If someone wants to share a taxi from Pamplona to SDJPP on 31 March I am flexible and open to the idea. Not sure which routeover the Pyrenees yet I guess that depends on the weather and my knees. The plan is to spend a night in Valcarlos or Orisson. Does anyone know how far in advance to make a reservation? What if the Napoleon Route is closed on 1April ?. What to do then? Not sure I can make it over the mountain in one day with bad knees. I was on the Orisson website but it does not say.

Wow to my surprise got home from a long bike ride and what greeted me in my mail box? My guidebook and pilgrims passport . It’s just become real people!. Thanks @ivar that was pretty fast!

I will see you on the 1st.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello again! I will arrive at SJDPP on the evening of March 31t, with the last train - it will leave from Bayonne at 19:00. Maybe you have any information if I will be able to find anybody at Piligrim's office then? I would like to go there and get credentials. Or should I buy these at the forum? Thanks, bye. Buen Camino!

Buen Camino Iriebabel!

Even if you find pilgrims that are willing to split a taxi, you should all consider taking the bus. The last time I bought a bus ticket, the bus was 22 Euro, and the last time I split a cab with 3 others, we still paid about 35 Euro each. You get to SJPPdP about 15-30 minutes faster by taxi (depending how crazy your driver takes you up those mountains), but the views are the same. You can also buy the bus ticket at the ticket office in the station. The bus never gets even close to full during the time of year you're going, and La Conda is the bus company that runs the route, if you need more information check out their website.

As for weather and the Orisson albergues, the Napoleon Route should most likely be open, unless some crazy storm comes from nowhere and shuts down everything. Odds are likely not, but hold on to the small possibility that you may have to go through Valcarlos, but there is nothing wrong with taking the route that the medieval pilgrims traditionally took to Santiago . With all that being said, I still recommend you make a reservation with the Orisson albergues. You will never forget the views and the albergues up there, and they will understand if you have to cancel due to weather. Make the reservation on their website or call them ASAP! They don't have many beds. Lastly, if you are concerned about your knees, have a café au lait and croissant in SJdPP, and leisurely go up that mountain. I've met too many pilgrims that had to cancel their trips because of preventable injuries.

Buen Camino Iriebabel!

Even if you find pilgrims that are willing to split a taxi, you should all consider taking the bus. The last time I bought a bus ticket, the bus was 22 Euro, and the last time I split a cab with 3 others, we still paid about 35 Euro each. You get to SJPPdP about 15-30 minutes faster by taxi (depending how crazy your driver takes you up those mountains), but the views are the same. You can also buy the bus ticket at the ticket office in the station. The bus never gets even close to full during the time of year you're going, and La Conda is the bus company that runs the route, if you need more information check out their website.

As for weather and the Orisson albergues, the Napoleon Route should most likely be open, unless some crazy storm comes from nowhere and shuts down everything. Odds are likely not, but hold on to the small possibility that you may have to go through Valcarlos, but there is nothing wrong with taking the route that the medieval pilgrims traditionally took to Santiago . With all that being said, I still recommend you make a reservation with the Orisson albergues. You will never forget the views and the albergues up there, and they will understand if you have to cancel due to weather. Make the reservation on their website or call them ASAP! They don't have many beds. Lastly, if you are concerned about your knees, have a café au lait and croissant in SJdPP, and leisurely go up that mountain. I've met too many pilgrims that had to cancel their trips because of preventable injuries.
Thank you very much for your insights. My first choice was the bus and I think the experience of being with other pilgrims eager to start the camino is a good one. Before the walk I will be spending the night in Pamplona so I will be rested and of sound mind to find the bus station I hope lol. I read in another post that Orisson is not currently taking reservations due to snow on the mountainbut I will check back . As to my knee it is something I have dealt with since 2001...taking it slow and easy is the name of the game. I know I can do it and I also know I will be in pain but no matter that’s life. . It is all worth the camino experience, good and bad

I think you're making the right choice for your knee with sleeping at Orrison. Make the reservations as soon as they let you because they only have about 43 beds up there, and the bus station is a few minutes walk from Pamplona's old town. It's actually on the grounds of the old citadel if you want to look for it on a map.

I'm also happy to read you're spending a night in Pamplona, because one of the very view complaints I have about the Camino is the albergue curfew. The Spanish just start their partying when we are required to go to bed, so that sucks if you want to see how they live it up! Especially since you will be there on the weekend, and during Easter, you'll probably see some awesome partying.

Bonus tip, in case you did not know, red wine is an anti-inflammatory ;P

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think you're making the right choice for your knee with sleeping at Orrison. Make the reservations as soon as they let you because they only have about 43 beds up there, and the bus station is a few minutes walk from Pamplona's old town. It's actually on the grounds of the old citadel if you want to look for it on a map.

I'm also happy to read you're spending a night in Pamplona, because one of the very view complaints I have about the Camino is the albergue curfew. The Spanish just start their partying when we are required to go to bed, so that sucks if you want to see how they live it up! Especially since you will be there on the weekend, and during Easter, you'll probably see some awesome partying.

Bonus tip, in case you did not know, red wine is an anti-inflammatory ;P
Thank you, Although not much of a drinker I may have a glass or two .Especially since my 51st birthday will be spent on the Camino i think its a definate possibility I will need a glass of anti-inflamitory. I sent an email to Orisson a few minutes ago. not sure how long they take to reply but I leave the US 28 March so hope to hear back before then lol. I have reservations at The Pamplona Cathedral Hotel and also one night in SJDPP at La Villa Esponda. Yes lol one of the reason I chose to start 1 April was I wanted to experience a Spanish Easter . I have been to Spain many times but never at Easter.
I am sure I will see you at some point on our journey...look for the slow cyborg with the brace on the left knee

Last edited:
Thank you, Although not much of a drinker I may have a glass or two .Especially since my 51st birthday will be spent on the Camino i think its a definate possibility I will need a glass of anti-inflamitory. I sent an email to Orisson a few minutes ago. not sure how long they take to reply but I leave the US 28 March so hope to hear back before then lol. I have reservations at The Pamplona Cathedral Hotel and also one night in SJDPP at La Villa Esponda. Yes lol one of the reason I chose to start 1 April was I wanted to experience a Spanish Easter . I have been to Spain many times but never at Easter.
I am sure I will see you at some point on our journey...look for the slow cyborg with the brace on the left knee

So you know how they party and I hope you get into the thick of it, with or without alcohol. Those Easter processions can get pretty surreal, so I hope you get to see one. If we do run into each other, I promise it wasn't me you heard at night, sneaking in or out of the albergue because of curfew ;P

So you know how they party and I hope you get into the thick of it, with or without alcohol. Those Easter processions can get pretty surreal, so I hope you get to see one. If we do run into each other, I promise it wasn't me you heard at night, sneaking in or out of the albergue because of curfew ;P
Hahaha. I promise to try my best. I hope I get to experience all that the camino offers. Time to soak it all up ! Lol. Shhhh I promise I won’t tell if you sneak out . Buen Camino

I'll be a couple of weeks behind you. If you can take a shovel and make sure all the snow is cleared over the tops I'd much appreciate it. Buen Camino.
I’m looking to start walking the Camino Frances on the 1st April 2018. I will be leaving from saint jean pied de port, if anyone is starting then it would be good to hear from you.
I will be a couple of days ahead. I am beginning as SJPP on March 29 or so.

Buen Camino. I will be in SJDPP on 31 March after staying 30 Mar in Pamplona but start my first camino on 1 Apr. Reminder Easter Sunday 1 Apr will be interesting to see the processions

I'm walking to Orisson on April 4 and going back (taxi) to SJPP for the night then by taxi back to Orisson on the 5th to go the Napoleon route. If Napoleon is closed then via Valcarlos on the 5th.

Buen Camino Iriebabel!

We are planning on taking the bus from Pamplona to SJPP on 5 April after taking the train from Barcelona.
Can we walk from train to bus station? I guess that's a silly question since we are about to walk 500 miles!
Better question is how much time should we schedule between train arrival and bus departure? Thanks.

We are planning on taking the bus from Pamplona to SJPP on 5 April after taking the train from Barcelona.
Can we walk from train to bus station? I guess that's a silly question since we are about to walk 500 miles!
Better question is how much time should we schedule between train arrival and bus departure? Thanks.

So the bus station (near the citadel) is a 30 minute walk from the train station. It's a nice stroll through some parks, but there are taxis, local buses, and Uber if you need to get there sooner or want to save yourselves for the long walk ahead of you ;P The bus company's website says there is a 1430 and 1730 bus. I plan on taking the 1430 bus which gives me some time to check out SJPdP before it gets too dark. You're both welcome to meet up with me at the bus station. I'll be the pilgrim at the bus station looking for the SJPdP bus like a hawk. I'll tell you the story as to why I am that way with the SJPdP bus if I see you and I'll gladly show you both around SJPdP if you want.

Ultreia! Buen Camino!

If all my plans go forward,I will be on my first camino sometime jn April.I have desired and dreamed of this journey from about 2009.Unfortunately my left knee can not take much abuse without pain...years of physical work and some idiocy at the gym have forged me to limit some of the activities to minimum... loads of sleepless nights due to pain...today my vehicle of choice is a push scooter...so I will be ringing my bell a lot and praising buen camino to walkers while the bikers are passing me from left and the right...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If all my plans go forward,I will be on my first camino sometime jn April.I have desired and dreamed of this journey from about 2009.Unfortunately my left knee can not take much abuse without pain...years of physical work and some idiocy at the gym have forged me to limit some of the activities to minimum... loads of sleepless nights due to pain...today my vehicle of choice is a push scooter...so I will be ringing my bell a lot and praising buen camino to walkers while the bikers are passing me from left and the right...

I know you can do it. I recommend some magnesium to help with pain and ,maybe some lidocaine cream(talk with your doctor) I have had severe knee problems since 2001. 4 surgeries later, a 6 inch scar and two hole where the screws use to be, I can’t let it stop me. Armed with my leg brace, Leki antishock trekking poles with cane handles , great boots, TENS unit , magnesium pills and some anti inflamitory cream (can’t take aspirin or ibuprofin) I will make a try at it! I plan to take it easy giving myself ample time to stop smell the rioses and rest. We are destined to do this ! Buen Camino !

I know you can do it. I recommend some magnesium to help with pain and ,maybe some lidocaine cream(talk with your doctor) I have had severe knee problems since 2001. 4 surgeries later, a 6 inch scar and two hole where the screws use to be, I can’t let it stop me. Armed with my leg brace, Leki antishock trekking poles with cane handles , great boots, TENS unit , magnesium pills and some anti inflamitory cream (can’t take aspirin or ibuprofin) I will make a try at it! I plan to take it easy giving myself ample time to stop smell the rioses and rest. We are destined to do this ! Buen Camino !

Thanks for your encouragement,and the best of luck ! My plan is to go slowly as well and take some rest days when necessary.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am planning to arrive at SJPP on April 1 and am booked in at Beilari hostel for the night and commence April 2 and am booked in at the Albergue de Preregrinos de Orreaga-Roncesvalles.

Would appreciate a walking partner from STJJ to Roncesvalles on April 2.

I am planning to arrive at SJPP on April 1 and am booked in at Beilari hostel for the night and commence April 2 and am booked in at the Albergue de Preregrinos de Orreaga-Roncesvalles.

I will be a day ahead not sure if I will stay at Orisson or Valcarlos. Will depend on the weather of course. Hope you find someone to walk with you. Who knows..I’m walking like a turtle so you may catch me.

I will arrive in SJPP on 1.april and start walk on 2.april. Maybe we will meet there. buen camino

HI there! It so exciting to see how many pilgrims are starting around the same time!
I will be in SJPP on April 1st but will be Starting April 2nd so I can get the earliest start to get to roncevalles (hoping the weather will permit the Napolean route to re-open). The pilgrim hostel I am staying at is not serving communal dinner that night as it is the chef's night off. It would be wonderful if you're still in SJPP, as well as the other pilgirms that have said they'll be in SJPP on the 1st/2nd to have an Easter Dinner together :)

I'm arriving Madrid April 2nd, then heading to SJ. "Hoping" to get started 3rd or 4th. Originally had tickets to Barcelona, then switched to Madrid. Now figuring out ground transport to SJPDP. Grrr...

I can't believe that I will be arriving in SJPP in exactly three weeks. It feels unreal! I have everything packed and ready (just need to spray everything with permethrin), but I'm not sure yet if I'm mentally ready. Nerves, jumpiness, and completely incapable of focusing on work to finish out before leaving for two months -- I'm sure these jitters are common, right? Good luck, early April walkers!

Here's what I'm debating now (only because I've been reading that reservations are recommended for Roncesvalles): take it easy the first day by staying in Valcarlos, or pushing through the first day to Roncesvalles?

As for weather and the Orisson albergue, the Napoleon Route should most likely be open, unless some crazy storm comes from nowhere and shuts down everything. Odds are likely not, but hold on to the small possibility that you may have to go through Valcarlos.
This is not good advice. On 1 April and subsequent days, it is not some crazy storm that shuts the route. Whether the route will be open following the winter closure will depend on the snow depth, i.e. the amount of snow that it is still on the ground on the upper regions of the mountain. Please do check with the Pilgrim's office, they will know what the conditions on the ground are like at altitude.

Last edited:
This is not good advice. On 1 April and subsequent days, it is not some crazy storm that shuts the route. Whether the route will be open following the winter closure will depend on the snow depth, i.e. the amount of snow that it is still on the ground on the upper regions of the mountain. Please do check with the Pilgrim's office, they will know what the conditions on the ground are like at altitude.
In past years before the blanket shutdown/closing of sorts of the Napoleon route, it was not uncommon for pilgrims to safely walk it in March or even February as even those months you get balmy days over that section of the Pyrenees. Just depended on the weather at the time/day. I think the reason for just closing it overall during the winter/early spring months is because of the incidents of poor judgement exhibited by some pilgrims in attempts to walk it in dangerously inclement weather and the avoidable subsequent risk to rescue teams.
As of today the extended forecast for Roncesvalles on April 1st shows afternoon rain and a high of 7 degrees C.

poor judgement
They actually attribute those incidents to inexperience and lack of appropriate equipment and I merely tried to point out to those who have never been in a mountainous area of the Pyrenees, be it summer or winter, that at the beginning of spring, weather on the day of crossing is not the only factor that will determine whether they'll have a pleasant or unpleasant experience.

Last edited:
I’m looking to start walking the Camino Frances on the 1st April 2018. I will be leaving from saint jean pied de port, if anyone is starting then it would be good to hear from you.
My husband and I are planning on leaving March 31, but hearing that Route Napoleon will be closed until the 1st we might delay a day. Hoping to stay first night in Orisson.

HI there! It so exciting to see how many pilgrims are starting around the same time!
I will be in SJPP on April 1st but will be Starting April 2nd so I can get the earliest start to get to roncevalles (hoping the weather will permit the Napolean route to re-open). The pilgrim hostel I am staying at is not serving communal dinner that night as it is the chef's night off. It would be wonderful if you're still in SJPP, as well as the other pilgirms that have said they'll be in SJPP on the 1st/2nd to have an Easter Dinner together :)

Sounds good. An Easter dinner sounds good. See you then.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
BTW: The Pilgrim group in Sydney are advising Aussies that SNCF train service in France are having a series of two day strikes, starting in April and until June.

The April dates are: 3,4; 8,9; 13,14; 18,19; 23,24 and 28,29.

I suggest anyone planning train travel check with their website.

BTW: The Pilgrim group in Sydney are advising Aussies that SNCF train service in France are having a series of two day strikes, starting in April and until June.

The April dates are: 3,4; 8,9; 13,14; 18,19; 23,24 and 28,29.

I suggest anyone planning train travel check with their website.
Thanks for the information . @Z_May was discussing dinner due to the cooks night off . I will be a day ahead leaving 1 Apr Buen Camino and good luck here is the thread with the discussion https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/easter-pilgrim-2018.53276/

Hello again! I will arrive at SJDPP on the evening of March 31t, with the last train - it will leave from Bayonne at 19:00. Maybe you have any information if I will be able to find anybody at Piligrim's office then? I would like to go there and get credentials. Or should I buy these at the forum? Thanks, bye. Buen Camino!
Mate, I get in on the same day. If you like we can catch up on the 1st and go to the Camino office together.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Mate, I get in on the same day. If you like we can catch up on the 1st and go to the Camino office together.
I arrive the day before also. Does anyone know if the pilgrim’s office will be open on 1 April...Easter Sunday?

Not sure. But I gues we will soon find out :)
Easter Sunday and Pilgrim’s. Office
https://stjeanpieddeport-roncevaux.jimdo.com/english/pilgrims-office/ this is what I found

Passing this on to @RichardfromLosAngeles , @Z_May , @Kernandi , @Rusty walker
I apologize if I forgot anyone leaving SJPDP 1or 2 April.

I also read on another thread here the person spoke to the pilgrim’s office and Napoleón route could be closed as late as 15 April.

Have any of you made reservations in Valcarlos or Roncesvalles if so where ?

Last edited:
https://stjeanpieddeport-roncevaux.jimdo.com/english/pilgrims-office/ this is what I found

I also read on another thread here the person spoke to the pilgrim’s office and Napoleón route could be closed as late as 15 April.

I have not made any reservations beyond SJPP

Good news about the office. Bad news about the Napoleon route.

I don’t really want to make a reservation because l don’t know if I will want to stop in valcarlos or walk on.
I’m the same. I also don’t want to be walking to a schedule. I want my journey to be more fluid.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bummer about the Napolean Route! But not totally unexpected, there's a reason for everything though. I haven't made any reservations past SJPDD. I like the idea of the Camino showing me what it wants to show me each day. both internally in myself, and externally as I hike. For that reason I want to keep it open. I'm not making any reservations past the start point. The mind might have a set destination in mind, but the body might feel something different.

Bummer about the Napolean Route! But not totally unexpected, there's a reason for everything though. I haven't made any reservations past SJPDD. I like the idea of the Camino showing me what it wants to show me each day. both internally in myself, and externally as I hike. For that reason I want to keep it open. I'm not making any reservations past the start point. The mind might have a set destination in mind, but the body might feel something different.
Totally agree!

Yep I agree. Well said.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Iriebabel, Z_May, what country are you coming from?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Cool.. on my list of places to visit
look for this Jamaican girl with a portuguese last name and a cyborg brace on my left knee
Hahah I’ll be the guy that will be looking so lost, and have no idea what I’m doing.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

€60,-
Well fellow pilgrims. Today I leave home for Paris and then on to SJPP. I look forward to meeting you there.

In the air in one week to London, train to Paris overnighting there and train (hopefully) on the 5th yo SJPP

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back