A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

starting out April 23

Hello all,

I've just found this forum while browsing the net for Camino info. This looks like a nice place to ask some questions :)

I've already done part of the Camino Francais (from Pied de Port to Burgos), but that was 10 years ago and with 3 good friends...and we were 16 at the time. It was a brilliant holiday, but I wouldn't call it a proper pilgrimage.

Now I want to do it alone and since I heard the VDLP is VERY quiet I choose this route. I'm quite fit and will be walking the route in 28-30 days, with a 2 day stop in Salamanca (i love that town).

I have ordered the quide from Ben Cole. Is this book enough of a reference while walking or should I look around for more books/maps?

Also I'm thinking about travelling with a tent. It would give me a lot more freedom, but on the other hand the extra weight is something to consider. Has anyone here done this?

any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards,
Wannes

[ivar: edited link to display better]

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.3%
  • June