• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Ruta de la Lana from Valencia (Camino Requena) by end of March

Hubs

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la plata, sureste, frances, podiense, gebeniense...
Dear Pilgrims,
do you know if there is an actualized Accomodation List available for the Ruta de la Lana? Or has somebody of you who have walked this way such a list that you are willing to share with me?

I have found a lot of Information on it - rutometro - but I fear that the accomodations mentioned are not very actualized.

I am starting on 29th of March from Valencia to Burgos. And afterwards I plan to take a bus to Oviedo for the Camino Primitivo. No info missing for this second part :)

Thank you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome to the forum!

Do check earlier forum entries re the Ruta de Lana here

and

Check what the Spanish site Gronze lists for the Ruta de Lana.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Dear Pilgrims,
do you know if there is an actualized Accomodation List available for the Ruta de la Lana? Or has somebody of you who have walked this way such a list that you are willing to share with me?

I have found a lot of Information on it - rutometro - but I fear that the accomodations mentioned are not very actualized.

I am starting on 29th of March from Valencia to Burgos. And afterwards I plan to take a bus to Oviedo for the Camino Primitivo. No info missing for this second part :)

Thank you!

Hi, hubs,
I have walked the Levante from Valencia, but not the Lana spur that joins up with the Lana before Cuenca. I would LOVE to hear how it goes, though, because the Lana is on my list for 2020 and I haven't gotten to the point of deciding whether to start in Valencia or Alicante. Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, hubs,
I have walked the Levante from Valencia, but not the Lana spur that joins up with the Lana before Cuenca. I would LOVE to hear how it goes, though, because the Lana is on my list for 2020 and I haven't gotten to the point of deciding whether to start in Valencia or Alicante. Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you for the answer, I will post my impressions afterwards ;-)
Buon camino!

Welcome to the forum!

Do check earlier forum entries re the Ruta de Lana here

and

Check what the Spanish site Gronze lists for the Ruta de Lana.

Good luck and Buen camino!
Thanks for the answer, I have found a lot in the Forum as well as on the internet - even some have mentioned an accomodation list - but such a list I have not found.
Gronze tiene "la guía pendiente de elaborar" aún.
I do not worry at all, but if somebody eventully has already an accomodation list, this would be helpful.
Buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, hubs,
I have walked the camino sureste starting in Alicante, therefore I opted this time for Valencia to start.
I have heard that the Asociación de Alicante has recently send a new guide for printing for the camino de la lana - should be ready by April 2019.
BR

Thanks for that, can I ask how you decided to start in Valencia rather than Alicante?
Me decision was because of I have a direct flight from Munich to Valencia, for Alicante I need 2 flights which is more expensive. And secondly I do not have to repeat the first stages from the camino sureste from 2017 :)

Me decision was because of I have a direct flight from Munich to Valencia, for Alicante I need 2 flights which is more expensive. And secondly I do not have to repeat the first stages from the camino sureste from 2017 :)

That makes sense! But it also means that you should put the Camino Levante and the Ruta del Ebro on your list since you obviously love these Mediterranean starting points. ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Hubs I cannot remember where I found this list and cannot vouch for its accuracy, but it seems fairly thorough, albeit from Alicante

Attachments

• Albergues y lugares de acogida des Alicante a Burgos.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 62
@Hubs I shall be walking from Alicante starting early April. I have prepared a spreadsheet listing stages and contact numbers for accommodation which I am happy to share. PM me if you would like a copy.

As one who is always intriqued by new possibilities, I did a little googling and found that the Federation has some info on the Valencia to Requena part.

https://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/caminos/caminover.asp?kCamino=ES37a&CaminoId=84

I've only looked at their page for the first stage, from Valencia to Loriguilla, but it looks very complete and lists lodging.

And there is an association of the so-called Camino de Requena, which seems to be gearing up and active again. They note in one of their posts that the Cathedral now includes the Valencia to Requena segment (I suppose it's ok to call it a "spur" of the Lana), but that may mean that more activity if forthcoming. Though being that it is an alternative to what is already a very untraveled camino, I suppose it will be a while before the masses arrive.

http://elcaminoderequena.blogspot.com/

If you search using "camino requena santiago lana", lots of things come up that may help you. Like this guide by the association. https://www.editorialbuencamino.com/userfiles_editorial/files/camino-requena.pdf

And just one more thought -- that association may be able to help with your accommodation question, as may @JLWV, a forum member, who is also an active member of the Valencia Association.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
@Hubs I cannot remember where I found this list and cannot vouch for its accuracy, but it seems fairly thorough, albeit from Alicante
Thank you so much! Very helpful for me.
Buen camino!

@Hubs we may meet up as I am starting out from Alicante the day before. I've already walked the Levante from Valencia and have never been to Alicante, therefore my choice of starting point.

There are albergues pretty much all along the way to Burgos except for one private Hostal if I remember correctly. If you read Spanish, the Amigos have thorough information on their website - way too much to print out but it is a PDF so can be downloaded http://www.encaminodesdealicante.org/otros-caminos/camino-de-la-lana

Last edited:
Thank you! Good to know somebody nearby :). Wishing you a perfect camino!
Hubert

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Hubs,
All the very best with your camino. I'm walking from Valencia on the Requena and joining the Lana up to Burgos. I hope to continue along the FC to Leon and the up to Oviedo to then follow the Primitivo to Santiago. I will be looking with great interest on your experiences. Buen camino

Up to now (tomorrow I plan to be in Monteagudo) a wonderful Camino.
First days perfect weather, yesterday all day heavy rain, today rain. Very cold now and lot of mud - still a wonderful landscape, but weather/mud slows you down - which is not a disadvantage.
Today in Víllora the best albergue ever! Sitting right now in front of the fire😊 and drying shoes and clothes.
Other overnight places have been Valencia (lbis budget), but buñol (cr Castillo), albergue Requena, Camporrobles (wooden hut). It is advisable to call ahead - if you find a contact number... which I find difficult.
But people are very helpful!
BR
Hubert

OK, finally I have arrived today in Burgos. A dream of a Camino from Valencia to Burgos.
In some time I will be glad to post additional comments, but tomorrow I will take a bus to Oviedo and continue on the Primitivo.
But, I found it really wonderful, although I had harsh weather conditions most of the days. I started on 28th of March in Valencia, so I had rather long etapas.
That's an issue: to find lodgement. I cannot sleep on the floor if it is really cold and after having lots of rain... At good weather no problem, but I was really wet and had to dry my things.
Therefore I prefered to go on quite often to a CR.
Well, all in all it was "un sueño de camino"!
Buen camino, hubs

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for someone to share a taxi to Sarria from Santiago Airport on Sunday 28th April. Flight due to arrive at 4.15pm We are a party of 2 people

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back