• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting September 19

Tickets finally purchased ready to start living the dream starting from SJPDP on the sep 19 looking forward to it so much.I hope to meet up with some of you on my camino. Anyone know the weather conditions for late sept early october,I amhoping for a little sunshine but will be prepared for the famous Galician rain.
Buen Camino to all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Anyone know the weather conditions for late sept early october,I amhoping for a little sunshine but will be prepared for the famous Galician rain.

You can expect pretty much everything at that time of the year from sunshine to the odd snowflake and sorry, no one can predict the weather for more than 3-5 days in advance, but rain in Galicia is quite probable. Buen Camino! SY

Hey Jerry, I'll be starting from SJPdP on 19 September, too. Maybe our paths will cross. Buen Camino, Maggie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Tickets finally purchased ready to start living the dream starting from SJPDP on the sep 19 looking forward to it so much.I hope to meet up with some of you on my camino. Anyone know the weather conditions for late sept early october,I amhoping for a little sunshine but will be prepared for the famous Galician rain.
Buen Camino to all.

Hi Jerry,
Leaving St. Jean also on 19th....getting close now....See you there!
Buen Camino
Aidan:)

Hey Jerry, I'll be starting from SJPdP on 19 September, too. Maybe our paths will cross. Buen Camino, Maggie
Hi Maggie,
Thanks for the reply it is nice to know someone else is starting off from SJPDP on the same day if we meet great if not I hope your Camino is everything that you have hoped for. Buen Camino Jerry
Hi Jerry,
Leaving St. Jean also on 19th....getting close now....See you there!
Buen Camino
Aidan:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino to all.
Hi. We are starting the Camino on the same day. Hope to see you there. I am interested to hear the responses you get on the weather for this tie of year. Buen Camino

Buen Camino to all.
Hi Jerry

I will be in SJDP on the 19th but taking a extra night before leaving hope we cross somewhere have a great adventure and find peace.

Trevor

Congratulations and Buen Camino. What is the expected sunrise/sunset in late September/ early October? How many hours of light will you have to walk?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My daughter and I are starting on the 12th but at my speed, a.k.a. turtle, you'll probably all pass us!

Indyinmaine

Hi jerry im starting from sjdp on sept 18 i cant wait i hope our paths meet and we have some good luck and fun on the way buen brendan

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I also start on the 19th from SJPdP and look forward to meeting all your great adventurers.
Buen camino
larricka expedition

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino to all.
Hi Jerry I will start Monday September 16, perhaps you will catch up with me. Take Care

Hi Jerry,
Me & The wife are starting off from SJPDP on the 19th September, the day after The Arsenal beat Marseille !!! Anyone know a bar in SJPDP where I can watch it on TV ?
Buen Camino.
Mike & Diane - The Gooners !

The days are definitely getting shorter as we head into October, sunrise is approaching 8am and sunset about 8pm. It's gotten considerably chillier over the past few days also with highs up to 20 and lows around 10 and I live close to the beach, so it has to be a lot cooler up in the mountains. There are quite a few places in SDPdP where you should be able to watch the Gunner's get a thrashing from OM on the 18th:p.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The days are definitely getting shorter as we head into October, sunrise is approaching 8am and sunset about 8pm. It's gotten considerably chillier over the past few days also with highs up to 20 and lows around 10 and I live close to the beach, so it has to be a lot cooler up in the mountains. There are quite a few places in SDPdP where you should be able to watch the Gunner's get a thrashing from OM on the 18th:p.
Thanks for the weather update Don & I am glad there are a few places to watch the match...we should beat OM if Ozil plays...no worries ;-)

With regard to weather - if you have an iPhone you can load various cities along the Camino on to your pull down board (not sure what it is actually called - it's the thing you can drag down from the top of the screen).
I have been keeping track if temps and conditions.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The bus service in Spain is great but Los Arcos is small enough that there would be a limited number of local buses going long distance, you should take a bus or taxi to Logrono or Pamplona where there are larger stations and alternative carriers. From either Logrono or Pamplona you can catch buses to Bilbao and/or San Sebastian where there is regular bus service several times a day to Biarritz. A train from San Sebastian to Irun/Hendaye is also an option. When you are at the pilgrim office in SJPdP you should ask for schedules and if that fails try asking the same question in Pamplona at the bus station.

Thanks very much i appreciate you going to all that trouble to provide me with that info i needed for transfers after our week of walking the camino if only more prople were as kind the world would turn easier buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back