• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting September 6

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Sep-Oct 2016). Camino Baztan to Trindad de Arre, joined the Frances (Sept-Oct 2019).
Greetings Everyone,
My wife and I are 13 days away from starting our pilgrimage on the Camino Frances (Sept 6)-- we're both as excited and as nervous as can be. We're arriving in St. Jean on Sept 4. If anyone else is there then, and would like to meet up to say hello, please let us know!
Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Thorn, Buen Camino I am starting in Valencia but I remember my starts in SJPDP they were both exciting and beautiful with all the other pilgrims getting ready, the air is full of nervous energy, but this one that I leave on will be quiet. Smile and greet all with a friendly Buen Camino and remember if you need help just stop and ask.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Greetings Everyone,
My wife and I are 13 days away from starting our pilgrimage on the Camino Frances (Sept 6)-- we're both as excited and as nervous as can be. We're arriving in St. Jean on Sept 4. If anyone else is there then, and would like to meet up to say hello, please let us know!
Buen Camino!
I am starting on Sept 4 in Pamplona so I will be ahead of you. I am planning on a few rest days here and there so we just might cross paths. Buen Camino!

Greetings Everyone,
Buen Camino!
Hi My husband and I are flying out of JFK Sunday 9/4. We'll be in NYC the next two days helping our daughter move. Maybe we will see you in S.t Jean. We're staying at Orisson 9/6. If you'd like to get together in the city maybe Thursday evening??? pm me - Cherry

I'm arriving in SJPdP on 6th (hopefully!) after a week of walking from Lourdes. Departing St Jean the following morning and hoping to go over to Roncesvalles in one day. Might see you along the way and say: Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Greetings Everyone,
Buen Camino!

I am flying in to Madrid Sept 3rd. I am hoping to be there on Sunday 4th to walk on the 5th. So far no luck with accommodations in town.
Buen Camino

I'm flying into Madrid on September 3rd and will make my way to SJPDP by the 6th and starting to walk on the 7th. My first and I'm so excited I can hardly contain it! A bit nervous, too ... but more excited. :) Can't wait to meet all of you on the way! Buen Camino!

Thom,

Though I'll be a couple days behind you (I won't be leaving St. Jean until 8 Sept), we may cross paths somewhere along the way.

Buen (very soon) Camino

-Jason

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thom,

Though I'll be a couple days behind you (I won't be leaving St. Jean until 8 Sept), we may cross paths somewhere along the way.

Buen (very soon) Camino

-Jason
I hope so! Thanks for reaching out. Buen Camino!

Thom,

Buen (very soon) Camino

-Jason
Oh, my plan is to arrive in St Jean 6th and depart for Roncesvalles the following morning, but that assumes I can do Lourdes to St Jean and that, my friend, remains to be seen!!!
Will have to have a beer if we catch up along the way!

Oh, my plan is to arrive in St Jean 6th and depart for Roncesvalles the following morning, but that assumes I can do Lourdes to St Jean and that, my friend, remains to be seen!!!
Will have to have a beer if we catch up along the way!
We arrived yesterday and plan on spending a zero day today in St Jean. Yes, we'll try to hook up on the way! Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thom,

Buen (very soon) Camino

-Jason
Well look for you on the way! Buen Camino!

I'm flying into Madrid on September 3rd and will make my way to SJPDP by the 6th and starting to walk on the 7th. My first and I'm so excited I can hardly contain it! A bit nervous, too ... but more excited. :) Can't wait to meet all of you on the way! Buen Camino!
We arrived in St Jean yesterday and are planning a zero day before starting on the 6th. Hope to meet you on the way! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back