• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Spuritual Variant on the 24th or 25th from Pontevedra?

Julia en las flores

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues- May (2018)
Start in Porto with Spiritual Variant
Will anyone be leaving Pontevedra on the 25th and be able to walk the Variant with me. I need someone who wouldn't be impatient with my slow pace due to this illness. I have been bedridden in Rio for many days and I think I am finally on the mend and able to start walking from Pontevedra on the 25th. I could possibly start on the 24th.
Julia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am likely to be there the 28th, also walking with health issues, sorry our timetables don’t coincide.

Hi Julia, there are many people walking the Variante Spiritual at this time of year. If you start walking early in the day, others will catch up with you, and you can chat to them, and maybe someone will stay with you. If they don’t, there will still be others coming up behind you. There is a very long climb after Combarro. If you feel exhausted by the time you get to Combarro, there are places to stay in town, or you can get a bus back to Pontevedra. Good luck! Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am very happy that I feel well enough to walk from Pontevedra to Combarro tomorrow, the 24th. I hope to meet someone who is willing to do the climb with me the next day

Most read last week in this forum

For those planning to walk the Spiritual Variant, the albergue in Armenteira reopens this week. The Concello separately announced that stays during the month of July will be free. According to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back