Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hi, I will be starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th, 2021, anybody else doing the Vezelay Way?! Planning to reach Santiago in the end of october! I will be going through Nevers.
Flavio Edreira ,

What a wonderful place to begin your camino!
At Vezelay Romanesque, Gothic, and 19th century intervention form timeless beauty; eternal peace is combined with man-made perfection.
May your time spent there be a special beginning to a safe and Buen camino.

domigee

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hi, I will be starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th, 2021, anybody else doing the Vezelay Way?! Planning to reach Santiago in the end of october! I will be going through Nevers.
Oh how wonderful!
I’d love to follow your progress as this is the Camino I wanted to do this Summer (but I chickened out), also going through Nevers.
I wish you well 🙂 Bon chemin!
pS: Are you taking a tent?

Flavio Edreira

Flavio Edreira
Past OR future Camino
Oh how wonderful!
I’d love to follow your progress as this is the Camino I wanted to do this Summer (but I chickened out), also going through Nevers.
I wish you well 🙂 Bon chemin!
pS: Are you taking a tent?
Thanks!!! 🙏🙏 I plan not to take a tent!! Hope It works with albergues and giites!?

Flavio Edreira

Flavio Edreira
Past OR future Camino
Flavio Edreira ,

What a wonderful place to begin your camino!
At Vezelay Romanesque, Gothic, and 19th century intervention form timeless beauty; eternal peace is combined with man-made perfection.
May your time spent there be a special beginning to a safe and Buen camino.
Thanks!!!🙏🙏🙏

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

OZAJ

Past OR future Camino
Mozarabe/VdlP/Sanabres (2008) Norte (2009) Vezelay/Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2010) etc.
This is a wonderful route. If the "yellow" Chassain guide is still being updated, this is the one to go for. I got my copy in Vezelay.
One problem with the route is (or was - I did it in 2010) the lack of infrastructure. Many villages have no shop or bar. However, many refuges in such villages have canned food, beer and wine with prices marked and which you pay for on an honour system.

Past OR future Camino
Past? Not enough.
Future? Sure!
The place to go on internet for the "Voie de Vézelay" is this one.
Go to "Tracks and guides"
On the left side of the map, click on the "Down arrow" to access the full menu and expand the map by clicking on the "Square" icon to expand the map to full screen.
You can now explore the tracks and get information about most of the infrastructure available...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
The place to go on internet for the "Voie de Vézelay" is this one.
Go to "Tracks and guides"
On the left side of the map, click on the "Down arrow" to access the full menu and expand the map by clicking on the "Square" icon to expand the map to full screen.
You can now explore the tracks and get information about most of the infrastructure available...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.
This is wonderful ! Great links /maps /info etc.
Thankyou for sharing it

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances