• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I will be starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th, 2021, anybody else doing the Vezelay Way?! Planning to reach Santiago in the end of october! I will be going through Nevers.
Flavio Edreira ,

What a wonderful place to begin your camino!
At Vezelay Romanesque, Gothic, and 19th century intervention form timeless beauty; eternal peace is combined with man-made perfection.
May your time spent there be a special beginning to a safe and Buen camino.

Hi, I will be starting the Camino in Vezelay August 20th, 2021, anybody else doing the Vezelay Way?! Planning to reach Santiago in the end of october! I will be going through Nevers.
Oh how wonderful!
I’d love to follow your progress as this is the Camino I wanted to do this Summer (but I chickened out), also going through Nevers.
I wish you well 🙂 Bon chemin!
pS: Are you taking a tent?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oh how wonderful!
I’d love to follow your progress as this is the Camino I wanted to do this Summer (but I chickened out), also going through Nevers.
I wish you well 🙂 Bon chemin!
pS: Are you taking a tent?
Thanks!!! 🙏🙏 I plan not to take a tent!! Hope It works with albergues and giites!?

Flavio Edreira ,

What a wonderful place to begin your camino!
At Vezelay Romanesque, Gothic, and 19th century intervention form timeless beauty; eternal peace is combined with man-made perfection.
May your time spent there be a special beginning to a safe and Buen camino.
Thanks!!!🙏🙏🙏

Hi Flavio,
Don't miss the office of the pilgrims: 24, rue St-Pierre, just before the "Accueil des SĹ“urs Marie-Madeleine"
You will find a lot of information for the whereabouts the voie de VĂ©zelay.
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is a wonderful route. If the "yellow" Chassain guide is still being updated, this is the one to go for. I got my copy in Vezelay.
One problem with the route is (or was - I did it in 2010) the lack of infrastructure. Many villages have no shop or bar. However, many refuges in such villages have canned food, beer and wine with prices marked and which you pay for on an honour system.

The place to go on internet for the "Voie de VĂ©zelay" is this one.
Go to "Tracks and guides"
On the left side of the map, click on the "Down arrow" to access the full menu and expand the map by clicking on the "Square" icon to expand the map to full screen.
You can now explore the tracks and get information about most of the infrastructure available...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

The place to go on internet for the "Voie de VĂ©zelay" is this one.
Go to "Tracks and guides"
On the left side of the map, click on the "Down arrow" to access the full menu and expand the map by clicking on the "Square" icon to expand the map to full screen.
You can now explore the tracks and get information about most of the infrastructure available...
Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.
This is wonderful ! Great links /maps /info etc.
Thankyou for sharing it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back