• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Ingles on 18 Feb...

firsttimerrob

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (January 2017)
Camino Finisterre (February 2017)
Camino Ingles (September 2018)
I've just booked my flight to A Coruna for next Saturday, will be starting from Ferrol on Sunday if all goes to plan. This will be my second camino and I wanted something less daunting than the full Frances route which I did last January. I'm a little concerned as I still remember how challenging that experience was (you can read about it yourself at http://www.asecondlife.co.uk/blog/in-search-of-suffering if you want).

Anyone have any tips on adopting a more positive attitude to the start? I'm questioning the sanity of doing this again and I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels like this? Surely not everyone is as excited to start — especially knowing what they're in for second time around.

I'm assuming there is likely to be a distinct lack of other pilgrims on this route at this time of year. Does anyone have any personal experience of this route in February and the likelihood of meeting fellow pilgrims? It would be nice to think I might meet someone!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can't help you with answers on the Camino Inglés, but can tell you I was far more relaxed on my second camino than my first. My view is that being on the Camino, any camino, is completely voluntary and can be abandoned at any time. It is not a prison. My caminos can be hard, but they always bring me joy.

I can't help you with answers on the Camino Inglés, but can tell you I was far more relaxed on my second camino than my first. My view is that being on the Camino, any camino, is completely voluntary and can be abandoned at any time. It is not a prison. My caminos can be hard, but they always bring me joy.

Thanks. I definitely had a prison attitude to my first, I had to finish and I wasn't allowed to rest. I'm taking a different approach this time, to just try and enjoy the experience and live in the moment. If I want to rest I will and if I don't want to finish then that's fine too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
... I'm questioning the sanity of doing this again and I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels like this? ...
You're right, it is insane. But do it if you feel like it ;)
And above all enjoy it!

Based on the description of your first Camino, the Ingles should be a walk in the park. Mind you, there are some tough hilly portions, but nothing like crossing the Pyrenees.

I think with a new attitude you will find it much more enjoyable. My husband helped my thinking when he unilaterally declared: "We do not walk in the rain". Well, we did, but we also had no problem from then on in sitting for many hours in a warm bar. As my signature says - the road is always waiting, just outside!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Ingles was very empty in mid-late October 2017. You should have it all to yourself now. But maybe there are strong, like-minded walkers out there, just like you.

Break it up into 5-6 days if you can. Pontedueme and Betanzos are nice towns to sit, and read a book, and eat at various cafes. Go to Zas in Pontedueme. Some of those hills first thing in the morning are tough. Bring extra food and water because there are some long, open stretches.

The Ingles was very empty in mid-late October 2017. You should have it all to yourself now. But maybe there are strong, like-minded walkers out there, just like you.

Break it up into 5-6 days if you can. Pontedueme and Betanzos are nice towns to sit, and read a book, and eat at various cafes. Go to Zas in Pontedueme. Some of those hills first thing in the morning are tough. Bring extra food and water because there are some long, open stretches.

I stayed in private rooms, so I have no ideas about the albergues.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So, I'm afraid to say I didn't go in the end, or rather I haven't yet gone. It was an odd decision as the flights were booked but I just couldn't bring myself to go. I hope to rectify this shortly as I'm in a better frame of mind now.

So, I'm afraid to say I didn't go in the end, or rather I haven't yet gone. It was an odd decision as the flights were booked but I just couldn't bring myself to go. I hope to rectify this shortly as I'm in a better frame of mind now.
You will do it when you are ready I am sure. I will do the Ingle's way next May with my daughter and we are very excited.
All the best to you from Icelandic pilgrim.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back