• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Ingles on 5th May

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, August 2016
Camino Portuguese, April 2017
Camino Ingles, May 2018
Hi all, After a late night flight into A Coruña I am planning to start the Ingles from Ferrol on the 5th May. Curious to know if anyone else has plans to do the Ingles around the same time. Aim will be to walk on through Santiago to Finisterre & Muxía.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi CW, we won’t be there in May but your route is the one I am working on for us in September.

On the Ingles, are you planning to do the old route up the big hill to Bruma, or the new one via the road?

Buen Camino :)

Hi CW, we won’t be there in May but your route is the one I am working on for us in September.

On the Ingles, are you planning to do the old route up the big hill to Bruma, or the new one via the road?

Buen Camino :)

Mucho gracias :) I’ve done very little research this time, on purpose. What would you recommend?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I wouldn’t be so bold as to recommend! I’d love to hear what you choose though :)

My current step in researching is to find a gps track of the new route and try to judge how road-y it is...

The stage from Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma is a long and testing one (30km), including with a stiff climb out of Betanzos. Following the waymarks onto the new route which avoids the steep hill, I was not disappointed, and would follow the new route again. It is an achievement by itself to walk all the way from Betanzos to Bruma in one day, and I did not need the additional achievement of walking up another steep hill situated, remember, right at the end.

The new route walks down a main road for about 2km once it joins up with the path from La Coruna, but there is ample space on the side of the road to avoid the traffic.

This stage can be split by staying in the albergue at Presedo, or using the fetch and return service offered by O Meson Novo. There is no need to walk 30kms, although many do.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I feel rather excited about other people’s journeys, and so much learning opportunity from you all. I’m so glad I posted the question.

And we’ll definitely be splitting that stage. Unless there’s a major uptick in training :D

I stayed at presedo and then still expected a hard morning, despite the new route, with the plan to stay at hospital de Bruma. However I was in hospital de bruma by 1015 so then walked to sigueiro. I was told the xunta have agreed to build a new albergue between de Bruma and sigueiro.

A very quiet Camino, but a really enjoyable one. The albergues are mostly small and cozy. I loved the fact that each day was different in terms of landscape. Surprisingly the ingles has a tiring few climbs.

...live from outside the cathedral. Now off for a beer..... :)

Thanks for this Camino Wilts, I am glad you made it. I might have a few stage related questions later; but for now, where did you find that 1st beer?:)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back