Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Invierno on the 25 July. Empezando el Camino de Invierno en el 25 de Julio

Guilherme Ribeiro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Português- 2017
Camino Português - 2018
Camino Primitivo- Agosto 2019
Camino Invierno - 2020
Hello Everyone I hope you are doing well! I´m going to start el camino de Invierno in Ponferrada on the next 25 of July! I hope to meet some of you over there!
My main concern is what to take over the protection agaist the corovirus! And the behavior we have to do to avoid it and protect ourselves and the other pilgrims and the locals!
Altough im very excited to start for the fifth time the Camino and once again id like to meet some pilgrims over there!

Hola peregrinos que tal? que todo va bien por ahi y con vosotros! Voy empezar mi camino numero 5 en el dia 25 de Julio en Ponferrada para hacer el Camino de Invierno. Tengo ganas de conocer algun de vosotros por ahi!

Mi gran problema por hora és saber lo que llevar para el camino para la proteccion contra el coronavirus y que comportamentos tomar para mi protecion y la proteccion de los otros peregrinos y da gente de los pueblos!

Por favor ayudem! Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Everyone I hope you are doing well! I´m going to start el camino de Invierno in Ponferrada on the next 25 of July! I hope to meet some of you over there!
My main concern is what to take over the protection agaist the corovirus! And the behavior we have to do to avoid it and protect ourselves and the other pilgrims and the locals!
Altough im very excited to start for the fifth time the Camino and once again id like to meet some pilgrims over there!

Hola peregrinos que tal? que todo va bien por ahi y con vosotros! Voy empezar mi camino numero 5 en el dia 25 de Julio en Ponferrada para hacer el Camino de Invierno. Tengo ganas de conocer algun de vosotros por ahi!

Mi gran problema por hora és saber lo que llevar para el camino para la proteccion contra el coronavirus y que comportamentos tomar para mi protecion y la proteccion de los otros peregrinos y da gente de los pueblos!

Hello/Hola!

Do you prefer English or Spanish?
¿Prefieres inglés o castellano?

After I walked the CF last year I met my daughter in Porto in mid December. We went to Braga for a day and had a wonderful time in your fine city. We stumbled across a really good Thai Restaurant. Great meal and of course like all of Portugal the owners were some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet. I love your country and people. Buen Camino (Walked from Lisbon in 2017 and will do it again one day soon).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
After I walked the CF last year I met my daughter in Porto in mid December. We went to Braga for a day and had a wonderful time in your fine city. We stumbled across a really good Thai Restaurant. Great meal and of course like all of Portugal the owners were some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet. I love your country and people. Buen Camino (Walked from Lisbon in 2017 and will do it again one day soon).
Thank you all Portugal is Beatiful but i love my hometown Braga

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bom dia, Guilherme!

You won't have any problems on the Invierno as far as protection against the virus is concerned. As there are not many albergues until you get to Lalín, you'll need to stay in hostals or pensiones, and they are all very well organised, with disinfectant etc.

I take it that you've read the excellent Invierno Guide available in this forum. It's a mine of information about the stages, and places to stay/eat/drink. Some of us are big fans of the Invierno and have walked it many times.

I just got back to Salamanca, after our plans to walk the Camiño do Mar fell through after the outbreak in the Mariña Lucense, but we did manage to walk some stages of the Camino Inglés and then on the Invierno.

If you need any more specific information, please contact me by direct message (opening a conversation in the menu bar above).

Buen camino/Bom caminho!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back