• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Levante 9-17 from Valencia

hawkseer

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2007 & 2008) Levante (2013)
I am starting the camino de Levante from Valencia 9-17. Will be staffing the municipal albergue in Zamora 10-15 thru 10-31 If anyone else is walking around this time, keep an eye out. (I'm on the left in the pic, Santiago, 2007)

Gary Ross-Reynolds

Attachments

• Miguel Gary.jpg
    Miguel Gary.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Go well Gary. I walked it four years ago now. There's quite a bit of stuff on my blog

http://pilgrimpace.wordpress.com/

as well as links to Laurie's, who walked it recently. Let us know if we can help

Andy

Keep us posted Gary. One day I hope to walk the Levante.

I believe that you will enjoy your time in Zamora as a hospitalero (first time?). It is a beautiful albergue in a great location. I have stayed there twice as a peregrina (July 2011 and this past summer) and had actually hoped that Anai would place me there this July before my Camino but instead they sent me to El Burgo Ranero.

Buen Camino,
LT

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen camino,Gary. I walked the Levante this past spring (May-June) and it was phenomenal. I look forward to hearing about what it's like in the fall. Lots and lots of big open spaces and castles. The first few days are hard on the feet, it's all asphalt from Valencia to Moixent, but after that things get much better. You will be walking mostly on agricultural tracks, and have a couple of beautiful days with elevation gain right before Avila -- for me, those days were the highlight of the trip. I would love to be back there right now!

I wrote up my stages and posted the document as an attachment, if you are interested: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-stages-on-the-levante.19142/

But by far the most important item to have is the guidebook written by the Amigos in Valencia -- it's available in Spanish and English. It's excellent and very necessary!

New albergues are popping up all the time, which must mean that pilgrim traffic is increasing, but in May-June I walked with two guys I met in the first few days, and we saw a total of about 4 other walkers between Valencia and Zamora. From Zamora on, there were more, but never a crowd. Lucky you, wishing you a wonderful walk. Laurie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back