• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Starting tomorrow from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are also leaving SdC for Finisterre (but not Muxia) tomorrow and staying in Negreira. Maybe see you on the trail?!

We haven’t looked into accommodation in Negreira much yet but Gronze lists seven albergues and only has one of them currently closed (Albergue Lua), so it seems like it should be OK.

We are also leaving SdC for Finisterre (but not Muxia) tomorrow and staying in Negreira. Maybe see you on the trail?!

We haven’t looked into accommodation in Negreira much yet but Gronze lists seven albergues and only has one of them currently closed (Albergue Lua), so it seems like it should be OK.
Cool. Maybe we’ll see you. An old bald guy and a Japanese woman with a crew cut. We were more concerned about between Negreira and Finisterre as there are fewer options. But I am sure we shouldn’t have a problem.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
To Jungleboy and Kevin plus all who walk this way,

Praia Estorde
photo take April 2, 2006

Praia de Escorde 02.04.2006..jpg

Mid view is Finisterre; Cape Finisterre is on the far left.

Estorde is the first beach on the camino path linking Corcubion/San Roque to Finisterre; along the sea the path parallels the AC- 445 route.

In 2006 crossing the beach barefoot while holding my boots like a child I delighted in the tickle of sand between my toes.

...May you also feel such delight

Carpe diem.

Last edited:
A Pena, o Logoso, Hospital have private accommodation options open for sure

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Lucky lucky lucky people
Did you know, that if and when the local Spanish people offer you a gift on the Camino. You should take it. It is usually food from the land you are crossing.
The tradition goes back to the Middle Ages, when poor people who lived at that time could not afford to make a pilgrimage they had to work and were tied to the land. So they would offer gifts to pilgrims so that a little of them went to on a Camino to Santiago.
Amazing ! So if people offer you something take it to Santiago for them don’t refuse, it is very rude.

Albergue Anjana in Negreira tell me they are closed for the rest of the year.

But there are several alternatives in the town so you should be ok.

Good luck, and please post your trip details in due course.

I'm hoping to walk this route in October.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Kevin, I highly recommend Albergue Monte Aro in Lago, 25 km from Negreira.

I followed their recommended stages in 2019, and it made for a more relaxing walk to Finisterre than doing it in 3 days.

1ª. Santiago – Negreira: 21 km

2ª. Negreira – Lago (Mazaricos): 25 km

3ª. Lago (Mazaricos) – Cee: 26 km

4ª. Cee – Finisterre: 15 km

Thanks. Good information. I usually do this stretch in 3 days (and kind of want to do that so we have 2 days in Muxia )but always before after long pilgrimages to Santiago. Am in Covid poor shape so may have to stop in Lago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Albergue Anjana in Negreira tell me they are closed for the rest of the year.

But there are several alternatives in the town so you should be ok.

Good luck, and please post your trip details in due course.

I'm hoping to walk this route in October.
I am to walk this route end of Oct/beginning of November--hope some places are open along the way as I am not bringing a sleeping bag and tent!

In Negreira the always clean and comfortable Albergue San Jose was open for €12. Cotton sheets including a top sheet and thick terrycloth towel made it luxurious.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Kevin, I highly recommend Albergue Monte Aro in Lago, 25 km from Negreira.

I followed their recommended stages in 2019, and it made for a more relaxing walk to Finisterre than doing it in 3 days.

1ª. Santiago – Negreira: 21 km

2ª. Negreira – Lago (Mazaricos): 25 km

3ª. Lago (Mazaricos) – Cee: 26 km

4ª. Cee – Finisterre: 15 km
Thanks Terri. We may need to slow down.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Trecile: We walked to Olveiroa and changed plans. Will slow down and take 2 days to Muxia. Can you recommend an albergue halfway or so?
If the municipal in Dumbria is open you have to stay there. As I understand it, it was built with money donated by the founder of the Zara chain of stores who is from the area. It's a very nice facility.

Gronze says
De diseño moderno y espectacular, fue un obsequio del empresario gallego Amancio Ortega, propietario del grupo Inditex y uno de los hombres más ricos del mundo. Al lado hay un complejo municipal con piscina, gimnasio, biblioteca y sala de internet, que los peregrinos que se alojen en el albergue pueden utilizar libremente.

Translation
With a modern and spectacular design, it was a gift from the Galician businessman Amancio Ortega, owner of the Inditex group and one of the richest men in the world. Next to it there is a municipal complex with swimming pool, gym, library and internet room, which pilgrims staying at the hostel can use freely.

If the municipal in Dumbria is open you have to stay there. As I understand it, it was built with money donated by the founder of the Zara chain of stores who is from the area. It's a very nice facility.

Gronze says
De diseño moderno y espectacular, fue un obsequio del empresario gallego Amancio Ortega, propietario del grupo Inditex y uno de los hombres más ricos del mundo. Al lado hay un complejo municipal con piscina, gimnasio, biblioteca y sala de internet, que los peregrinos que se alojen en el albergue pueden utilizar libremente.

Translation
With a modern and spectacular design, it was a gift from the Galician businessman Amancio Ortega, owner of the Inditex group and one of the richest men in the world. Next to it there is a municipal complex with swimming pool, gym, library and internet room, which pilgrims staying at the hostel can use freely.

Unfortunately it is closed. But another 6.5K down the path is Albergue OCabanel, a fairly new, very clean, cozy albergue hosted by the very friendly Raquel.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello peregrinos! My daughter and I are walking the CF from SJPP and hope to arrive in SDC around a week before we fly home (late June). We'd like to walk to either Finisterra or Muxia and then...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back