• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting Via de la Plata on Sunday the 26th february 2017, InshAllah.

maurice

Time of past OR future Camino
Home- Santiago
Hopefully going to walk another camino coming Sunday the 26th of february. I will try to reach Salamanca in three weeks because I haven't got the time to comlpete it in once but the end of the year I will walk the other half, with Gods Will ofcourse.
Someone else planning to start at Sevilla on Sunday the 26th?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Maurice. I'm getting interested now in the VDP versus redoing the CF and late feb it might be. Do you know much about the weather late feb?
Jude

Maurice. I'm getting interested now in the VDP versus redoing the CF and late feb it might be. Do you know much about the weather late feb?
Jude
Goodmorning Pilgy, for what i know, but I now nothing usually lol, it's about 20 degrees so perfect weather to walk. Ofcourse the more you're getting north it will be cooler I guess but it will be going more to the spring so I guess it will be the same a bit :)
Iff you're going the end of February will you let me know? Would be nice, take care!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jude

I walked the VdlP this year in February/March and must say it was generally colder than I had expected. Some days even with frost and one day with snow. Buen Camino, SY

I walked the VdlP this year in February/March and must say it was generally colder than I had expected. Some days even with frost and one day with snow. Buen Camino, SY
Thank you Jude for the info1 :)
Big difference what I thought lol, thank you

I seem to be reading the VDP is warmer than the CF at that time of year hence the reason for my interest (as well a variation from the CF of course). Is this true? SY, you mention some snow and being colder than you expected. I anticipate getting snow on the CF too. Thoughts? Is the weather more extreme in one specific area that I might avoid? I would like to talk 800 km not the full 1000 km. Many thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bear in mind that I started in Sevilla a few weeks earlier then you plan to do ;-) The point where the weather really changed for me was when I crossed into Castilla but it wasn't extreme in the sense of extreme cold, min. perhaps -5C? If you want to walk less you can always start closer to Santiago. Buen Camino, SY

I seem to be reading the VDP is warmer than the CF at that time of year hence the reason for my interest (as well a variation from the CF of course). Is this true? SY, you mention some snow and being colder than you expected. I anticipate getting snow on the CF too. Thoughts? Is the weather more extreme in one specific area that I might avoid? I would like to talk 800 km not the full 1000 km. Many thanks.
I walked the VdlP this past April with snow flurries leaving Salamanca. In Granja de Moreruela you can continue on the VdlP to Astorga and join the CF or take the Camino Sanabres - I took the Sanabres. Heavy rain all day from Asturianos and paths were so flooded that I had to walk along the highway. Rain the entire day to Puebla de Sanabria. Still along the side of the highway with rain turning to snow/ice crossing the mountains to Lubian. Rain and wind got so bad that I quit in A Gudiña. Maybe April 2016 was unusual because the locals all said the year before had been wonderful.

Now that sounds like hard work!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hopefully going to walk another camino coming Sunday the 26th of february. I will try to reach Salamanca in three weeks because I haven't got the time to comlpete it in once but the end of the year I will walk the other half, with Gods Will ofcourse.
Someone else planning to start at Sevilla on Sunday the 26th?

I had been thinking of the week earlier, the 19th.
Do you have any flexibility?
Do you have a pace in mind? What will be your end point?

Robert

I had been thinking of the week earlier, the 19th.
Do you have any flexibility?
Do you have a pace in mind? What will be your end point?

Robert
I will probably start feb 17th. hopefully our paths will cross at some point!
Buen camino!

I will probably start feb 17th. hopefully our paths will cross at some point!
Buen camino!
Nice. I know I arrive in Madrid on the 17th. A bit late to get to Sevilla by then.
Do you plan to bring a tent and sleeping bag?I have no idea what sort of accommodation there is en route. I get the impression many people stumble across places to put them up

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
... Do you plan to bring a tent and sleeping bag?I have no idea what sort of accommodation there is en route. I get the impression many people stumble across places to put them up

The Via de la Plata has an excellent pilgrims infrastructure - no need to carry a tent ;-) Buen Camino, SY

The Via de la Plata has an excellent pilgrims infrastructure - no need to carry a tent ;-) Buen Camino, SY
Right. . . I am running on faith that wherever I end each day, there will be somewhere to sleep. And somewhere to get vino tinto. Medicinal, of course.

Well I hope SYates is right! The search for details continues - I don't see all that many hotels on the route so far, but there is time ...
Spanish food is usually a challenge so the ubiquitous might help!
I expect this to be roughing it to the extreme, which is not unheard of for me - it is just hard to envisage.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back