• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Via de Plata 23 august

M2404D

Maureen Sydney Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
Past : July ( 2013 ) , 2014,2015,2016,2017,
Future : 2018
Hi, I am starting on 23 August from Sevilla. If any one else is planning to walk to SDC, I wouldn't mind some company.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi! I plan on starting from Seville a few days later, around the 27th or 29th, so I may see you at some point

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I am starting on 23 August from Sevilla. If any one else is planning to walk to SDC, I wouldn't mind some company.
Hi..I dont have exact dates or plans but hope to be starting mid August.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi! I plan on starting from Seville a few days later, around the 27th or 29th, so I may see you at some point
Hi Drew,
Hope to meet u in August.
It is good to hear that there are a couple of other pilgrims on 'this Way'

We are also starting out from Seville on August 29th. We'll likely bump into each other :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm planning to start around the first of september but will probably be much slower than any of you :)

I'm planning to start around the first of september but will probably be much slower than any of you :)
Hi Susan,
I am starting 23 Aug, hope to see u along the way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I am at the Via already. I didn't meet any pilgrim yet but know that there are some on the way already.
Starting to enjoy the loneliness. As lots of people write it is very hot. I always try to be at the next stop the latest at 3. Have done it till 2 all the days so it was ok.
I carry 3 liters of water and some electrolyte drink (750ml) at long routes and around 2 liters at shorter routes.
I have only seen one opportunity to refill water (which I didn't use as my body doesn't like the tap water).
Maybe I'll meet some of you as I prefer short routes ;) and have time :)
Hope to meet you at some place!
Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Another update...
There will be a feria in Real de la Jara from 24 to 28 of August! So some of you will make it I think. I let this sweet village this morning ... I am sure it will be nice to see such a Fiesta :)

FYI: in Monesterio the Alb. Los Moreras is closed in August and maybe Will not open in September. It is around 1 km left from the Main Street which means 2 more km if you walk there and back in the heat. So I recommend to just take the alb. Parroquial at the Main Street on the left. Very nice place for 10€ with breakfast incl and fruits for the way :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back