• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Status as of June 22nd (Seen from Santiago)

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Here in tiny Villares de Órbigo I noticed a BIG difference yesterday. I saw lots of new people I haven´t seen in the past almost 4 months. Now that we are free to move around many are coming back to their pueblo from outside León province. I chatted today with a neighbor who arrived from Valladolid yesterday, another from the city of León.

I myself went to LeĂłn today and was amazed at the amount of traffic on the road. Also early this morning during my daily walk I heard cars in a distance. What a rude awakening! Since I arrived here on March 1st I had never experienced this. It seems as if Spain has awoken out of hibernation.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, your update is much appreciated. My wife and I are hoping to start walking as soon as possible. Our main concern is that we really don’t want to be an imposition on the local communities. I appreciate that Spain needs tourism but I’m concerned that the local people will feel threatened by our presence. We’ve both almost certainly had Covid and will be extremely careful and are highly unlikely to be able to pass anything onto local people but they won’t know that. I’d very much like your views on this. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back