• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Status of the "Member Map"

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I never found it a particularly useful feature anyway. It only showed the current location of members who are currently online. I'm more interested in know which pilgrims live in my area.

I remember a couple from Redding posting a year ago (at least) but that's hours from you ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They were mentioning something about landing in Mannheim (Germany) army airport so I thought they were both US Army personel. Well, maybe not. Never mind :)

But I was in Redding last autumn. Just visiting though ;)

Last edited:
I never found it a particularly useful feature anyway. It only showed the current location of members who are currently online. I'm more interested in know which pilgrims live in my area.
The very first person I spoke with outside the PO in SJPP a few days ago was a man who lives in my neighborhood in Arizona!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They were mentioning something about landing in Mannheim (Germany) army airport so I thought they were both US Army personel. Well, maybe not. Never mind :)

But I was in Redding last autumn. Just visiting though ;)
And I was in Redding in the spring visiting my sister. It was a good visit because she (finally) said she would join me on the Camino in the fall!
The Sundial Bridge is beautiful!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The member map gave me some problems, and it sees it was not used much, so I removed it... I have some plans for a new way for finding forum members "not far from you"... but more on that later :)
That’s a wonderful idea, @ivar. The best I’ve been able to find is a three hour drive to a park that is located in between my home, @jpflavin1 and @Camino Chrissy. Maybe now we will find a huge contingent for our next Starved Rock State Park walk!

Psss. @Camino Chrissy — Joe and I have had an email about getting together this fall for a walk, let’s figure this out.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That’s a wonderful idea, @ivar. The best I’ve been able to find is a three hour drive to a park that is located in between my home, @jpflavin1 and @Camino Chrissy. Maybe now we will find a huge contingent for our next Starved Rock State Park walk!

Psss. @Camino Chrissy — Joe and I have had an email about getting together this fall for a walk, let’s figure this out.
Sounds good Laurie...I'd love that! I should be available most any time, except for these dates...
Sept. 10-12 and October 14-27
I hope to hear of potential plans!

Last edited:
The member map gave me some problems, and it sees it was not used much, so I removed it... I have some plans for a new way for finding forum members "not far from you"... but more on that later :)
While it can be useful if forum members want to publish their location I hope that it will be 'opt in' rather than 'opt out'. Some times some of us do not want our location published or visible to others, even forum members, but prefer to keep it private.
Personally we have a Camigos get together where we know people from Devon, Dorset and beyond, but even then many do not give more concise details.
So - yes please @ivar, but a safeguard by default for privacy please.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
While it can be useful if forum members want to publish their location I hope that it will be 'opt in' rather than 'opt out'. Some times some of us do not want our location published or visible to others, even forum members, but prefer to keep it private.
Personally we have a Camigos get together where we know people from Devon, Dorset and beyond, but even then many do not give more concise details.
So - yes please @ivar, but a safeguard by default for privacy please.
Yes, it will be opt in... I try to default to as private as possible, this is why I no longer use google analytics for example. All email with me is also off google.

Even now my location that was shown is actually 10km from where I really live. It showed the internet knot instead of my home address because my IP number is attached to that "knot" or should I say "distribution center"? ;)

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back