• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Staying at Valenca AND Tui?

John P.

Would anyone know if one could stay at the refuge in Valenca one night and then Tui the next for the equivalent of a rest day? Would the the Tui refuge have a problem with that?

Just curious :?:

John P.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I don't recall there being an albergue at Tui, as far as two years ago. Best, xm 8)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Albergue at Tui

Check the Mundicamino website: Camino Portugués >> Etapa 1: Tui - Redondela >> Albergues

http://www.mundicamino.com

Albergue de Peregrinos

Ah, great, there's an albergue for peregrinos at Tui. I was last there 2 years ago and there was none. Seems that the C Portugues is being helped out. Thanks for the info, Sil. xm 8)

Am getting really bad..."in a massive strop...spouting a load of old tosh! (am not totally sure what these last Brit terms mean but can imagine)...Sorry! Not thinking straight," as a distinguised forum pilgrim recently stated. Of course there's an albergue at Tui, right down the street, by the cathedral. It's a very good one, like the ones that I've known in Galicia. Four Decembers ago I flew to Santiago where a friend met me and we drove down to Tui, to start the Spanish portion of the Camino Portugues, from there. The albergue was closed. But there was a note posted on the door saying to contact Proteccion Civil to obtain the key, which we promptly did. After approx an hour's wait, one of us happened to push the door and marabili!, it opened. Shortly afterwards a woman came with the key that we no longer needed. The enormous, cavern-like, albergue, was empty and cold, there was no heating system. The electricity was off, we had to depend on our flashlights, and the water was ice cold; the coldest shower I have ever taken was then/there. Brrr... We went out to eat (excellent restaurants in Tui) and then afterwards returned to the albergue, where we had a nice conversation along with some queimada. Eventually we went to sleep, both in diff dorms all to ourselves. One may think that we had it made, a whole albergue for two people...The truth is that there's nothing eerier than being alone or with another person in an albergue, particularly a big, freezing, one, in a cold December night. Early in the am I heard an awfully loud and terrifying scream coming from where my buddy was sleeping. I was in a semi-conscious state and did not fully react to it, but at some level I did hear it. The following morning when we woke up it turned out that my friend had a nightmare, and that it was him that had made that frightful scream. He got on my case bec I didn't go over to see what happened, that someone could have come over and killed him...I told him that if that would have been the case there would have been nothing I could have done about it, I mean, I was just a pilgrim. Besides, it would have been too late, I was too tired, didn't want the murderer(s) to know there was someone else in there, and that it could have waited til the am. This all in jest, of course. We cracked up. It's been years since that memory, yet we still talk about that awfully eerie night at the albergue in Tui. Buen Camino, xm 8)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back