• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

staying in Muxia

markaitken

I'm going to be in Muxia when they have a festivo on in September so I'm thinking that I need to book ahead for somewhere to stay. Can anyone recommend anywhere cheap and comfortable with contact details?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We stayed at La Cruz, a hotel, which was clean and cost 30euros a night for a double. The meals there were quite good as well. This was in October last year. There were plenty of people offering us accommodation when we walked into Muxia. These were in apartments. I don't have the phone details for La Cruz. Hope this is a bit helpful.
Sharon

If you are walking to Muxia, the albergue is the place for you. No reservations possible, and only open to peregrinos. If you're going to be on public transit,

As far as private accommodations go, the Galician government requires all who offer lodging to register with them and as a result there is a terrific database on line. If you go to http://www.turgalicia.es and click on "tosos os aloxamentos" and then click on Muxia on the drop down concello map, you will find that there are 20 places in the concello of Muxia. Here's the specific link to the two pages of listings, if it works:
http://www.turgalicia.es/sit/listaRecur ... 1&pagina=1

The concello of Muxia is larger than the actual town, though, so depending on your transport options, you will probably want to make sure that you are int the town of Muxia itself.

I saw Hostal La Cruz (where Sharon, the previous poster, stayed) on that list and there was a link to its website, http://www.hostalacruz.es/

buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for the tips. I should be arriving in Muxia on a Saturday and leaving the following Thursday - this will be a short holiday for me so that's why I need somewhere for more than one night and quite cheap.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back