• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

staying in Santiago

markaitken

I'm sure this is listed somewhere but I can't find anything - I'm looking for a cheap quiet hotel in Santiago for one night - I'm walking from there to Muxia and getting a bus back so won't be staying in a refugio. Guessing I should reserve a room in advance now that the pope is coming...

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Why don't you query Ivar (our host here at the Camino Alberque and the owner of the Camino Travel Agency)? I'm sure he'd love to help you. Look at the home page. You can contact him at his e-mail address, right under his picture.

There are two hotels where I stayed in 2009. Both are inexpensive and clean and close to the cathedral.
Badalada Pension
Email: info@badalada.es
Tlf.: 981 572 618
Movil: 619 052 224
I paid 30 euros for a single room.

The other is:
MVAlgalia Hotel
Email: mvalgalia@mvhotels.com
Tlf.: 981 558 111
Fax 981 552 455
Movil: 672 293 718
50 euros

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Look on the home page. See Ivar's picture near the top. To the right of his picture is an envelope and "Send Message." Just click on it and you're there. :wink:

Hi there...here I am :)

Badalada is great.... run by Manuel, a great guy.

At the Travel Center we work a lot with a Pension that is located right as you enter old town when walking the Frances... Pension Guiadas... don't remember the contact details, but if you google it their site should come up... or contact Wiktoria at the Travel Center office and she will book it for you correo@caminotravelcenter.com

Buen Camino!
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.