• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Staying in Seville before the VdlP (any ideas?)

Time of past OR future Camino
So many since 2003.
I have been trying to arrange for 3 nights accommodation in Seville from 31st May before I embark on the VdlP.
With little luck so far (trying to book Hostals and small Hotels on the internet), I was wondering if anyone knows of an Habitacione (close to centre)?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Grace

I just looked on Hostel world.com and there does seem to be availability. There are lots of Hostales in Seville - I know you want the secruity of an advance booking but many people just arrive and wander round the Bario Santa Cruz until they find somewhere! Also is the Hostal Sierpes - http://www.hsierpes.com/ which a lot of people talk about. I'm sure you will get somewhere.

Good luck

John

Re: Staying in Seville

sevilla has a LOT of tourists year-round and many are university students from all over the world. i agree with the recommendation that you just walk around... you'll find something and you'll be able to shop for best prices too! there's a LOT to do and see in sevilla and do NOT forget the beautYful plaza de Espana, which i think is the most beautYful of all the plazas de Espana in Spain!! it can also be seen in muchas pileculas (movies) such as the Star Wars series.... :)

good luck.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thankyou everyone for your input to my post,

I have now arranged to stay with a 'Couchsurfer' in Seville (very kind) so I am sure I will have the opportunity to see the sights from a local's point of view.

It is down to 7 sleeps until I leave so the excitement is building. No more work for me so I have the final week to cut down my packing, read more Camino info, sew on the woven forum badges (thanks Ivar) and say my goodbyes to friends.

I will stay in touch and provide useful assistance and hints once I am on the Via de la Plata.
Buen Camino to you all
Grace

Hi!
The students rooms are renting for months, i think that the best options is a hostal/pension or a perhaps in the young hostel.(C/ Isaac Peral 2,tlf: 955 056 500)

About hostal and persión you can find it near from Canalejas street, in barrio del Museo. Is close center town and there is a lot of them. Also can find something in Barrio Santa Cruz but is also more expansive.

To see in Seville there is a lot of places, but recommend Salvador Church that was opened recently after its restoration, and places like plaza de España,Parque de Maria Luisa, Alcazar, Cathedral(the most largest gothic Cathedral in the world). And at night a good place is "La Carboneria" where you can enjoy live performances(Flamenco, Theatre, folk music...) in a traditional old coal shop

Also in many places of Seville can be seen in movies like Laurence of Arabia,Star wars: Episode II. Attack of the clones, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, Kingdom of Heaven, Blood and sand, and many more!

Buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Fernando,
Wasn't Star Wars: Episode II (The Clones???) the one that was partially filmed at the Plaza de España in Sevilla?

I had no idea ... so I was watching the movie, looked at the scenery and suddenly realized where they were! It is, to me one of the most beautiful places in Spain. I first went there in 1973 when I was studying in Spain (please do NOT count the years!)... I was heartbroken when I returned after 25 years in 2001 to find it damaged, defaced and virtually destroyed. I am SO pleased that it has been repaired and cared for... it is a showplace and one of the many jewels of Sevilla.
Buen Camino,

Hola Deirdre
Yes, was the clones, and here in the next image can see the Plaza de España
00036991.jpg

In 2001 was damaged because the last restauration was bad(and other causes also!). I think that in that year start a new restauration.I have a friend that works in this restauration and told me some secrets of this square. For example some scenes of the spanish provinces wasn´t the originals because before Exposición Iberoamericana (in 1929) was inagurated, some scenes was censured and was saved.

Its really a beautiful Plaza, like de park besiides: "Parque de Maria Luisa"

¡Me encanta la foto! Y muchas gracias por la información. También tengo una foto maravillosa de la plaza pero no sé como añadirla aquí. Es tan grande y aunque tengo varios programas, no sé como reducirla. :?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back