• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stepping out of time

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Enjoyed your account, thanks for sharing! It sounds like you're hooked too...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The pilgrim blessings do that to me every time and I’m not a lapsed catholic or even catholic at all! Why does that happen? There has to be something about the camino that scrapes away the layers.
Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope you keep us posted.
Bon chemin

I walked the first part of my route from Vezelay to Perigueux between June and July this year. I wrote about my experience here: https://advantagesofage.com/note-gentleman-walking-retirement/
Excellent reading. I hope to do a second camino next year. I did the first part of the Norte last year and second half on the French which I didn't like anywhere near as much as the Norte. Is the camino you walked pretty? hilly? I like challenges.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The pilgrim blessings do that to me every time and I’m not a lapsed catholic or even catholic at all! Why does that happen? There has to be something about the camino that scrapes away the layers.
Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope you keep us posted.
Bon chemin
I always enjoy the two cents you add to so many posts..."scraping away the layers", I love that!:)

Very nicely written piece. I especially related to your trepidation as you related your feelings of your final days at home and first days on the trail. If I was the gifted writer that you are, I would have written those exact words to describe the uncertainty I felt early on.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back