• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Still alive :-)

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
What a steep down from Cruz de Ferro to Molinaseca. I stumbled once and had a second of flying into the bushes. Adrenaline rush :)

Now I'm in Compostilla, checked in at Hotel Nova because it is to far to Cacabelos after 30.7 km hike. I first checked my albergue list from here and it says 5 km from Ponferrada to Cacabelos but Brierly guide says over 16 from the Albergue in Ponferrada. So I'm glad I doubled checked this time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sounds like a comfortable stay in a hotel is about right for now. Enjoy a good nights rest.....

That descent into Molinaseca was no joke, I started from Rabanal del Camino and was thinking I was going to walk to Ponferrada, that descent made me stop in Molinaseca instead.
You're almost to O'Cebreiro, I recommend stopping at La Faba, one of the gems in the last 150 kms of the Camino, it is a beautiful facility with a warm welcome. I'm glad I stayed there, the ascent up to O'Cebreiro and Alto do Poio is best done in the cool morning air.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What a steep down from Cruz de Ferro to Molinaseca. I stumbled once and had a second of flying into the bushes. Adrenaline rush :)

Now I'm in Compostilla, checked in at Hotel Nova because it is to far to Cacabelos after 30.7 km hike. I first checked my albergue list from here and it says 5 km from Ponferrada to Cacabelos but Brierly guide says over 16 from the Albergue in Ponferrada. So I'm glad I doubled checked this time.

Beatrice,
Is it my imagination or are you really getting a move on? I've lost track of your start date but you seem to be setting a pretty fast pace.
Much respect lady, much respect.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Beatrice,
Is it my imagination or are you really getting a move on? I've lost track of your start date but you seem to be setting a pretty fast pace.
Much respect lady, much respect.
I started in SJDPP August 13 so this is my day 16 (in the beginning of Brierley stage 25). I'm a fast walker and lover of distance and have no problem with long walking days. Stops and take a lot of photos as well. I think I'll be in Santiago in 7 more days (August 5) unless something happens or the weather gets really bad. That gives me 10 days for Finisterre and Muxía.

I sometimes walk 100 km ultra marathons and mountain races so this is not sooooo hard as I imagined before coming here. I still have all my toenails in place and just 1 blister. So happy.

Enjoy Finnisterre and Muxia. Never been there personally, many people on the Forum tell us it's a great part of any Camino.

Stay happy my friend it's a nice thing.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm with John McM, amazing pace you've got going, especially in August heat.

Albergue Bela Muxia is a great place to stop and rest for a couple of days at the end of your Camino. Enjoy!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Beatrice,
Hope the last few days are good for you -- at your rate, you'll be able to walk Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre and back to Santiago with no problem at all! On my last walk to Muxia and Finisterre, I was surprised to see how many pilgrims were walking back to Santiago, this is maybe one of the newer trends.

At some point, when you're home and have some free time, I would love to see your stages laid out. I walked the Camino Levante with a lot of longer stages this year, which I never thought I could do, and now I'm considering going back to the Frances on a longer stage plan. I'm not sure I could comfortably walk as long as you have, but I'd love to see the stages, not now of course. Buen camino for the rest of the way, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back