• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Stolen backpack; need email addresses

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Through an act of carelessness on my part, our backpacks "mysteriously disappeared" (my wife tells me not to say they were stolen) in Santiago after the completion of our Camino last week. This is not to re-hash the circumstances or the sad list of things we lost, but to issue a plea to any of the wonderful people we met along the way and exchanged email addresses with since all our notes with names and email addresses were in my backpack. For the record, we walked the Camino Frances from SJPP to Santiago, starting on 16 August 2013 and finishing in Santiago on 25 September 2013. If anyone who walked with us and exchanged email addresses reads this, we would love to hear from you and get your email address again. You can PM me on this forum to keep this information confidential. Thanks,
Jim & Jeanette
Denver, Colorado USA

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing finish to your Camino and hope that it hasn't coloured any positive memories you may have. If it's any consolation, many of us have been faced with the lesson of "letting go". Part of that has entailed cleaning out wardrobes and cupboards and recycling any excesses as well as not becoming attached to physical items. It seems that that lesson has been forced upon you and I hope you are not finding it too distressing.

All the best in your search for your Camino buddies. We all understand how important those people are.

So sorry to hear about your loss! How awful! There were some people's email addressees that I didn't have as well and I googled names and looked up photos on Flickr and found several. It was great to reconnect with many of my Camino friends (who then reconnected with others in our little Camino family). I suggest you try that and who knows, you might be surprised! Good luck!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I make little cards on my computer from colored cardstock to give to fellow pilgrims. As much as anything, they remind me each day as I go through my pants pockets to give them out. Just remember to keep them handy and dry!

Like Falcon, I make my own before I leave home. But I just do a big sheet of address labels, and fold the sheet and put it in the back of my journal. Then folks can stick them to their journal or the back of their book, etc and they are less likely to get lost. Has worked well and super cheap.

Attachments

• s0362560_sc7.jpg
    s0362560_sc7.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
Back