A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LIVE from the Camino Stopovers Between Tui and Santiago

Camino Badges

Lightfeet

Camino(s) past & future
Portugal 2019
We have walked from Porto and will get Tui.tomorrow We have plenty of time to take it easy getting to Santiago. Any suggestions for accommodations that are around 10 km apart? nuggestions for stopovers? Would it be good to stay two nights iin Tui?

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
One night in Tui was fine not sure I'd have liked two. Pontevedra was a great place also Arcade.

bmcbride

CVRambler
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014), Camino Inca (2015), Primitivo (2017), Portugues (2018), Finisterre (2018)
I would suggest taking an extra day in Tui.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
We have walked from Porto and will get Tui.tomorrow We have plenty of time to take it easy getting to Santiago. Any suggestions for accommodations that are around 10 km apart? nuggestions for stopovers? Would it be good to stay two nights iin Tui?
You could stop at Valença instead of Tui and give Portugal a last hurrah, crossing the bridge and spending the next day in Tui. Good places for stopovers are Pontevedra with plenty of sites to see, Caldas de Reis to enjoy the hot springs spa, or Padrón with its many sites associated with St. James. Or you could do the Variante Espiritual.

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2021)
Tui is a lovely town. For me, the highlight was the Cathedral, well worth a visit. I have to admit, my Camino was a spiritual one, so visiting the Cathedral, attending Mass there, and wandering the nave and cloister was memorable. The square and cobbled streets in front had a wide variety of cafes, bars and restaurants. So it might be a good stopover. Ponte Vedra was also a highlight, much bigger and busier than Tui and the nightlife goes well into the wee hours. Ponte Vedra too, is rich in historical treasures, so that might also be a good stopover. Bom Caminho

Lightfeet

Camino(s) past & future
Portugal 2019
Thank you all! We are stopping over a day in Tui and happy to be doing so in order to further explore this town and have a little downtime/ planning time.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%