• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

stops midway

MicheleL

Time of past OR future Camino
08/24/23
Hello, I plan to walk Camino in August and 1 of us has some sciatica issues so I think the full 24 to 28 KM is too much
  1. Does anyone know places to stay midway from Pamplona to Puenta de la Reina
  2. Puenta and Estella
  3. Estella to Los Arcos
  4. Los Arcos to Logrono ?
  5. We do not wish to stay in hostels and I have heard taxis if necessary are tough in the middle of nowhere .
Thank you in advance !

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi - I'm sure we can help you find the information you need to plan your Caminos!

the full 24 to 28 KM is too much
What guide are you using? Most guides provide information on many options for stopping along the Camino. No official "full stages" exist.

You might want to look at gronze.com or at this planning site, in order to plan your stopping points to suit your preferences.

We do not wish to stay in hostels
Be careful with your terminology. Does this mean you don't want to stay in the "albergues" where there are communal dorms? The term "hostel" is rarely used in Spain. A "hostal" is a small often family-run lodging with mainly private rooms, but which does not have all of the amenities of a "hotel" classification.

Hi - I'm sure we can help you find the information you need to plan your Caminos!

What guide are you using? Most guides provide information on many options for stopping along the Camino. No official "full stages" exist.

You might want to look at gronze.com or at this planning site, in order to plan your stopping points to suit your preferences.

Be careful with your terminology. Does this mean you don't want to stay in the "albergues" where there are communal dorms? The term "hostel" is rarely used in Spain. A "hostal" is a small often family-run lodging with mainly private rooms, but which does not have all of the amenities of a "hotel" classification.
Thank you ! Yes I wish to avoid communal dorms . Albergues. Thank you for helping me with terminology!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Super helpful Thanks !

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello, I plan to walk Camino in August and 1 of us has some sciatica issues so I think the full 24 to 28 KM is too much
  1. Does anyone know places to stay midway from Pamplona to Puenta de la Reina
  2. Puenta and Estella
  3. Estella to Los Arcos
  4. Los Arcos to Logrono ?
  5. We do not wish to stay in hostels and I have heard taxis if necessary are tough in the middle of nowhere .
Thank you in advance !
My lodging May 2022. I have the list all the way to Santiago if you are interested.
21-May​
PamplonaPuente de la ReinaHotel Rural Bidean
22-May​
Puente de la ReinaEstellaHotel Yerri Estella
23-May​
EstellaLos ArcosHotel Via de los Arcos
24-May​
Los ArcosLogronoAlbergue Santiago Apostol
25-May​
LogronoNajeraHostel Hispano
26-May​
NajeraSanto Domingo de la CalzadaParador de Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda

Thank you ! Yes I wish to avoid communal dorms . Albergues. Thank you for helping me with terminology!
I have a suggestion for you that may really help. I see you are in Washington. Have no idea where of course. I would check with the organization called American Pilgrims on the Camino:
You may be living near a local chapter. I live in Mexico and do not belong so I am not sure of wha services they offer but I know they are an excellent organization and can at the very least send you a credential. Before my first camino I was also a babe in the woods and knew nothing. A friend put me in touch with someone who had just walked and I met her for coffee and we spent a few hours with me asking a million questions and getting great tips and knowledge about my first camino. She was a lifesaver, a camino angel as many say. Maybe you can go to a local chapter meeting or be put in touch with someone from your area who can lend a helping hand. Pilgrims helping pilgrims.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back