• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Storing Baggage

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
I'll be doing the Camino Frances next April. I will be flying into and out of Pamplona. Does anyone have information about where I can store my excess baggage (probably a large suitcase) while I'm on the Pilgrimage?
Thanks in advance for your good advice!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You haven't indicated if you want to store your suitcase IN Pamplona, or if you would want access to it post-Camino which, presumably would be ..... Santiago? I'm not sure, but I think Ivar, in Santiago, is the only person who would store luggage long enough for you to get from Pamplona to Santiago, in which case you would have to ship it from Pamplona to Santiago, to await your arrival there. I believe other places have a limit as to how long they will store an item. Perhaps if you were to provide more details, others may be able to offer suggestions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Last edited:
If you need to leave your bag in Pamplona, you might want to check with the place you are staying there. Many hotels or pensions will store a bag for pilgrims while they complete the Camino.

I stay at Pension Escaray, and they keep a bag for me while I am on the Camino, and they even hold a bag for me when I return to the US for six months. Unless it's during the San Fermin festival, you don't really need a reservation, but if you'd feel more comfortable you can email them at esca24@gmail.com. They charge 20 euros for a private room with shared bath, and they are perfectly located in the historic center, two streets off the Camino trail. (If you email Escaray, they may ask for an advance deposit via wire transfer. This is a rather inconvenient way to pay, so you may first just want to inquire if they have availability and if they recommend a reservation.)

You may also want to check with Caminoteca, which is a pilgrim-supply shop located around the corner from the municipal albergue in Pamplona. I think they were considering offering bag storage... Here is their website: http://caminoteca.com/

And if you need to use the Spanish postal service, called 'Correos', here's how that's done: http://thecaminoexperience.com/Correos-post-office-Camino-de-Santiago.php

I have a similar logistic question. I will arrive in Madrid and take a train to Irun, my starting point. I have a small box containing things I will need after I complete my camino (in 5-6 weeks). The box will probably weigh about 20 pounds, and I will not need the contents until I return to Madrid.
What I am thinking about is, mailing the box from the post office in the airport (if there is one at the airport) and pick it up 5-6 weeks later at the post office in Chamartin train station(again, if there is one).
The last time I was on the camino, I mailed my excess material from Leon to Santiago. The post office was holding it for me until I claimed it. This time, the box will be bigger, heavier, and held longer period.
Does anyone know whether or not this is do-able? Any other solutions that does not cost more than the value of the content?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have a similar logistic question. I will arrive in Madrid and take a train to Irun, my starting point. I have a small box containing things I will need after I complete my camino (in 5-6 weeks). The box will probably weigh about 20 pounds, and I will not need the contents until I return to Madrid.
What I am thinking about is, mailing the box from the post office in the airport (if there is one at the airport) and pick it up 5-6 weeks later at the post office in Chamartin train station(again, if there is one).
The last time I was on the camino, I mailed my excess material from Leon to Santiago. The post office was holding it for me until I claimed it. This time, the box will be bigger, heavier, and held longer period.
Does anyone know whether or not this is do-able? Any other solutions that does not cost more than the value of the content?
Tom
Sounds like an interesting box??
If you're staying a night in Madrid and coming back, send the question to the hotel you're staying at in Madrid as starting point . That is: would they hold it there for you until you return ?

You can also contact Ivar (here on forum). He used to offer this service for a reasonable fee. It's a pretty heavy box to ship though.
Annie

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back