• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Storing equipment in Santiago

brian_garcia

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2021
Portuguese from Porto 2022
Hello,
I just finished walking to Santiago and I will be going to Finisterre and Muxia.
I would like to store some of my gear in Santiago. Is there someplace I could leave it for that part of the trip?
Thanks
Brian

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You might ask at Pilgrim House.
Amongst their services they list backpack storage.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
You might ask at Pilgrim House.
Amongst their services they list backpack storage.

Thanks
I stayed at "The Last Stamp" in Santiago and they stored stuff for me while I walked to Finisterre and Muxia. Otherwise, ask Ivar.
Thanks

If anyone stays in Albergue Seminario Menor (no shared dormitories during covid, just single rooms) there are lockers in the basement where you can leave your stuff. The cost is 2 euro for your entire trip, not for a day. Lockers in bus or train station usually are being charged per day, and usually more than 2 euro...
I stayed in Seminario Menor before and after going to Finisterre. 17 euro per night for a private room in August in Santiago (well, not in the historic center) sounds like a good deal for me. Used booking com to make reservation.
See my room here at the bottom

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at "The Last Stamp" in Santiago and they stored stuff for me while I walked to Finisterre and Muxia. Otherwise, ask Ivar.
"The Last Stamp" albergue has been closed ever since the start of the pandemic, with no signs of reopening. I was told a few weeks ago that Ivar is no longer offering luggage storage at Casa Ivar but that Michael of @wisepilgrim is now offering this service.

"The Last Stamp" albergue has been closed ever since the start of the pandemic, with no signs of reopening. I was told a few weeks ago that Ivar is no longer offering luggage storage at Casa Ivar but that Michael of @wisepilgrim is now offering this service.
I have read that they are out of business but of course I have no way of verifying that whatsoever.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.