• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Storing equipment in Santiago

brian_garcia

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2021
Portuguese from Porto 2022
Hello,
I just finished walking to Santiago and I will be going to Finisterre and Muxia.
I would like to store some of my gear in Santiago. Is there someplace I could leave it for that part of the trip?
Thanks
Brian

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You might ask at Pilgrim House.
Amongst their services they list backpack storage.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You might ask at Pilgrim House.
Amongst their services they list backpack storage.

Thanks
I stayed at "The Last Stamp" in Santiago and they stored stuff for me while I walked to Finisterre and Muxia. Otherwise, ask Ivar.
Thanks

If anyone stays in Albergue Seminario Menor (no shared dormitories during covid, just single rooms) there are lockers in the basement where you can leave your stuff. The cost is 2 euro for your entire trip, not for a day. Lockers in bus or train station usually are being charged per day, and usually more than 2 euro...
I stayed in Seminario Menor before and after going to Finisterre. 17 euro per night for a private room in August in Santiago (well, not in the historic center) sounds like a good deal for me. Used booking com to make reservation.
See my room here at the bottom

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I stayed at "The Last Stamp" in Santiago and they stored stuff for me while I walked to Finisterre and Muxia. Otherwise, ask Ivar.
"The Last Stamp" albergue has been closed ever since the start of the pandemic, with no signs of reopening. I was told a few weeks ago that Ivar is no longer offering luggage storage at Casa Ivar but that Michael of @wisepilgrim is now offering this service.

"The Last Stamp" albergue has been closed ever since the start of the pandemic, with no signs of reopening. I was told a few weeks ago that Ivar is no longer offering luggage storage at Casa Ivar but that Michael of @wisepilgrim is now offering this service.
I have read that they are out of business but of course I have no way of verifying that whatsoever.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.