• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Storing luggage in Paris

IvySkye

My sister and I are heading off to do the Camino Frances next week. We will be flying in and out of Paris. Does anyone know where we might be able to store two small pieces of luggage in Paris, be it a hotel recommendation, train station, etc? We will over night there one night on arrival and 3 - 4 nights before returning home. Thank you all in advance.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The only place I was able to find a couple of years ago is the left luggage area at the Gare du Nord. The station is enormous and on several levels. The lower levels are the metro. You can find plans but they don't help much. So to save you time, go to the original old part of the station and work your way along to the far end. With your back to the main old entrances and the original platforms in front of you turn to your left. At the end of the platform area you should then spot a set of stairs that go down to a half level. There is a security office with x-ray. You then go and choose your box - lots of different sizes and costs - whatever you do don't forget to note where it is or lose the information. I don't remember having a key so it could well be just codes that you have to feed in to get it open. You will have to feed a machine to pay when you get back, but it may take bank notes, check this as well. Maybe someone else has been there and knows a bit more? We used one of these to enable us to visit the Louvres where luggage is forbidden. If you need any other information while in France post a reply and I will help if I can. Ange

We're heading to Madrid, staying one night before going to Leon. Then again staying in Madrid at the same hotel upon our return 2 weeks later. I called the hotel ahead of time to see if they could hold luggage and they said they could as long as we were staying on both sides of our journey. We are only storing one suitcase though. You might try the same in Paris if you know your hotel ahead of time. LB

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The posts above Are probably a little outdated now. I am flying in and out of Paris. I would like to leave my case in Paris whilst on the Camino. I will return to Paris for five days after leaving Santiago?
Where could I store a case for 35 days in Paris?
Please note in the past my hotel did store it for me but alas that is no longer the case.
Perhaps another might do this.
Your thoughts and suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks

I used Blue Marble Travel last October. They arranged for pick up of a large suitcase in Le Puy where we started our hike, kept it for three weeks, and turned it over on Monday when I arrived in Paris. They had earlier been recommended on this forum. I was totally satisfied with their service. Here's the link to their site: https://www.bluemarble.org/

They are quite close to a couple of Paris Metro stops, but get instructions on how to find the office. I had to enlist the aid of a young Frenchman who lived in the same neighborhood. He had to use his smart phone to locate the alley-like location of their office.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The posts above Are probably a little outdated now. I am flying in and out of Paris. I would like to leave my case in Paris whilst on the Camino. I will return to Paris for five days after leaving Santiago?
Where could I store a case for 35 days in Paris?
Please note in the past my hotel did store it for me but alas that is no longer the case.
Perhaps another might do this.
Your thoughts and suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks

Cejanus,

Either find a hotel that will store your luggage or investigate the services of CityLocker and BlueMarble. Both firms have English webs and offer left luggage storage in Paris. CityLocker is more appropriate for just a few days while BlueMarble offers storage for up to 90 days.

Bonne chance,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Thanks so much Margaret, TMcA and Roger. I will explore those. In my surfing I also came across this group at CDG At Terminal 2 close to where one catches the RER into Paris and SNCF. It seems like a good place for ease of access as I will be coming back to CDG from Santiago. However it will depend on cost. It just might be better to go out and buy an outfit or two to mix and match once arriving back.
www.bagagesdumonde.com
Also the website
www.easycdg.com is good for info about the CDG airport.
Bless you all.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back