• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Streams to ford?

frida1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April 11-May 11 2014
My partner and I will be starting the Chemen d'Arles from Montpellier at the end of April. He's concerned about the need to ford streams, creeks or rivers. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood is of coming across water bodies that need to be forded?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There are bridges. :)
If you google "Chemin d'Arles" and select 'videos' you will get some good overviews of the walk, for instance

And where there aren't bridges, such as at the Col du Somport, you can step right over them.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you. I'm not really worried about it; I've walked 2 caminos, and I know everything will work itself out. This will be the first camino for my partner, and he is a little nervous!

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning Pilgrims! In June I will leave Italy to try to get to Santiago. Around August I will be walking the part of the camino in France, and as I read through the various threads, I had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back