Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Street-Art on Camino Portugues

surya8

Camino(s) past & future
Portugues Central and Coastal 2017 & 2019; Portugues Interior, Sanabres, Fisterra & Muxia 2018
Here is smth that inspired me on my Caminos in Portugal - street-art on the way! I walked Camino Central between Lisbon and Porto and also Portugues Interior from Viseu. I did enjoy nature, the local food, the friendliness of the locals and the lovely towns on the way there. On both of the routes you can see some of the amazing artwork available in the country as well. I do manage to visit museums on the Camino sometimes but this is accessible on a daily basis so enjoy as you go! Lisbon and Porto are the jems but Santaren and especially Agueda surprised me a lot there. My personal favourite is definitely Costah: very warm, colorful and kind!
This is what I've collected on two Caminos there: https://anna-camino2.livejournal.com/4693.html

Attachments

Jean Ti

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you Surya,

Very nice !

I will be there on november 11in direction of Santiago. If you have any suggestions please do.

I love art in general and museums.

Jean

surya8

Camino(s) past & future
Portugues Central and Coastal 2017 & 2019; Portugues Interior, Sanabres, Fisterra & Muxia 2018
I will be there on november 11in direction of Santiago. If you have any suggestions please do. I love art in general and museums.
The trouble with Portugal is the weather :) It's almost always fine, so I usually leave visiting museums till it gets rainy and colder but it almost never does :) I do enjoy art and museumsl and I did manage to visit MAAT in Lisbon and Museu de Arte Contemporanea de Serralves in Porto but they were not the highlights of that trip. Exploring the cities on foot was a blast for me! Bom Caminho! :)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock