• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stuck in Bayonne

Kellyl

Time of past OR future Camino
Stuck in bayonne
Hi few travellers, I'm stuck in Bayonne as there seems to be a train strike & I can't find any buses going to St Jean today, does anyone know how I can get there? Help please!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi few travellers, I'm stuck in Bayonne as there seems to be a train strike & I can't find any buses going to St Jean today, does anyone know how I can get there? Help please!
There is no bus service between Bayonne an SJPdP; only train service that is operated by the railroad. Go to the train station and look for the bus. Even with the train strike, I think the buses are running, at least some of them.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I got 12.01 bus to sjpp at train station last Tuesday large crowd waiting for 18.00 bus on our return so be prepared, bus journey nice scenery but is a frightening trip , bus to big for roads but we survived.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We faced a similar problem. Approached a few other pilgrims around the station and shared a taxi. There is a taxi stand next to the station. There is a phone number on a sign there to call if no taxis on the stand.

The train I was supposed to get at 21:10 on Friday evening was cancelled. However there was a replacement bus service that got us into St Jean at 22:40. He parked to the right of the station if you are facing the station. He excepted my prepaid train ticket.

There is no bus service between Bayonne an SJPdP; only train service that is operated by the railroad. Go to the train station and look for the bus. Even with the train strike, I think the buses are running, at least some of them.
Did you say there is NO bus service between Bayonne and SJPdP? I have a ticketed reservation for a bus from Bayonne to SJPdP.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I was going to suggest two other options . One @VNwalking has already mentioned, the other is if you really want to go to SJPdP - La Voie De la Nive will take you there. Equally pretty but easier walking.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Did you say there is NO bus service between Bayonne and SJPdP? I have a ticketed reservation for a bus from Bayonne to SJPdP.

Your reservation is most likely for the bus which replaces trains during strikes or when the rail line is out. Don't worry! It will depart from beside the train station. What is the name of the company that issued your ticket?

If there is a problem finding sufficient people to fill a taxi / share the fare, find the bus to the Airport, wait outside the doors for anyone wearing a backpack and ask if they want to share a taxi to SJPP. Just about every arriving flight is loaded with Pilgrims.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Forget SJPP! There's no special reason to start there.
Walk directly to Pamplona in 5 days on the Camino Baztanes.
It is gorgeous.
There is a desk at the Cathedral for information and the first stamp in your credencial.
Does this circumvent the Pyrenees altogether? That was one of my most favorite parts of the Camino...

Your reservation is most likely for the bus which replaces trains during strikes or when the rail line is out. Don't worry! It will depart from beside the train station. What is the name of the company that issued your ticket?
I believe I did it via trainline.eu or SNCF...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Forget SJPP! There's no special reason to start there.
Walk directly to Pamplona in 5 days on the Camino Baztanes.
It is gorgeous.
There is a desk at the Cathedral for information and the first stamp in your credencial.
Hi is it marked and easy to find out of Bayonne . Thanks for any info available.

It follows the Voie de Nive for quite a ways so is easy to find. And there are guides.
And you'll find lots of information here, Richard.
Happy browsing!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back