• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stuck in zubiri - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenda54

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
my daughter and I got to zuburi today and are staying at hotel gautxor. No one here has any idea how to transfer our bag to Pamplona tomorrow. No one speaks English who works here and we don't speak much Spanish so it has been frustrating. I have talked to two other pilgrrams that are transferring luggage from here but they used a tour company that was prearranged prior to leaving their home country.
I'm getting a bit nervous- it is well after midnight and can't sleep. Does anyone know what we should do ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
my daughter and I got to zuburi today and are staying at hotel gautxor. No one here has any idea how to transfer our bag to Pamplona tomorrow. No one speaks English who works here and we don't speak much Spanish so it has been frustrating. I have talked to two other pilgrrams that are transferring luggage from here but they used a tour company that was prearranged prior to leaving their home country.
I'm getting a bit nervous- it is well after midnight and can't sleep. Does anyone know what we should do ?

@Brenda54 Jacotrans will collect your bag if you call or email them the day before, but as i see you are past midnight now you may be a bit late for that. Call them in the morning anyway - contact details here: http://www.jacotrans.com/p/pide-tu-presupuesto.html

If you explain your problem they may be able to help (I believe you should be able to get by with them in English). Call early and they may be able to collect your bag, even if for a higher than usual charge - it would be surprising in my experience if they didn't already have some pickups at your hotel. Or if they can't help, you could try asking a local taxi to deliver it for you - ask the hotel to call a taxi for you (just say the word "taxi" and they'll understand!) - this would be quite an expensive option though. But the hotel will be familiar with Jacotrans - if you use that name (Spanish J pronounced a bit like H or K) they will know what you want.

EDIT: Now get some sleep and don't worry! Buen Camino to you both!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is just a word of comfort, you will be ok and early morning I am sure you will be assisted. I do get disappointed when others make remarks that are not supportive when someone is seeking help. We have all been there at some point ,

Think about this. If you have a ton of stuff because you were not planning on carrying it, contact www.expressbourricot.com to take it to Santiago. You have pretty much done the hardest part of the Camino, so think about what you might need to carry with you. Then, take what you need and buy one backpack to share and continue on.

For me, carrying what you need is a very profound lesson of the Camino.

Just today, my daughter called and said, "I keep thinking about stuff that happened to me in my past and I don't know how to get over it." I told her, I felt that way until I walked the Camino with my backpack. At first, it was so heavy and I did not think I could carry it, but by the end I hardly noticed it. I realized from the experience that I am stuck with all of the stuff that has happened to me in my life and I can not change it, however, I can learn to carry it, accept that it is there, and realize that I am strong enough to not let it bother me. . . .

I know, this may seem way too metaphorical for your very real situation right now. However, on a very realistic note, I am simply suggesting that counting on other people to carry your stuff may be harder than carrying it yourself. Practically speaking, you can send what you don't need ahead to the end and then share the weight for the rest of the way.

I wish you a wonderful journey, and whoever suggested the Google translator earlier, had the most practical advice.

Jacotrans, or one of the other services mentioned, are almost certain to be picking up packs somewhere near you tomorrow. Call as early as possible, see what they can arrange. I had to taxi one day due to injury and was still at the hostal long after everyone else had left. It was mid-morning before Jacotrans came by. Best of luck to you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Barring matters such as physical injury, illness and genuine emergencies such as family matters, I don't see anything wrong with putting a light bit of humor along with the multitude of advice on this thread.
Where and how to move a bag or pack around from A to B is hardly life and death. I'm sure the OP will be okay.

Thank you all for your helpful and heartfelt advice. As for the others either the sarcastic overtones...it doesn't bother me at all. It's just childish...
Anyway...the reason we have a bag between the two of us is because we are traveling Portugal for 3 weeks after our Camino. We have been holding on to it the first few days because of the soon to be change of weather. We can unload some of these clothes that are keeping us warm currently very soon and then the bag will go on to Santiago.
We will start trying to contact all the numbers you have suggested as soon as people are up and around. Many places aren't even open yet.
Again thank you so much and thank god for this forum!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your helpful and heartfelt advice. As for the others either the sarcastic overtones...it doesn't bother me at all. It's just childish...
Anyway...the reason we have a bag between the two of us is because we are traveling Portugal for 3 weeks after our Camino. We have been holding on to it the first few days because of the soon to be change of weather. We can unload some of these clothes that are keeping us warm currently very soon and then the bag will go on to Santiago.
We will start trying to contact all the numbers you have suggested as soon as people are up and around. Many places aren't even open yet.
Again thank you so much and thank god for this forum!!!!!!!!!
Update- as we were leaving our hotel room to go to the desk, a jacotransport pulled up right in front of us and arranged for our bag to be transported!!!! YES!!! We are out of here and BUEN CAMINO!!!!!! Gracias gracias so grateful!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Camino MAGIC, indeed almost a miracle. That's fantastic news, I am so relieved for you.
Sometimes in life and especially on the Camino things like this do happen. Buen Camino . Ultreia.

Update- as we were leaving our hotel room to go to the desk, a jacotransport pulled up right in front of us and arranged for our bag to be transported!!!! YES!!! We are out of here and BUEN CAMINO!!!!!! Gracias gracias so grateful!

I guess that's yer sherpa out of a job then :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Barring matters such as physical injury, illness and genuine emergencies such as family matters, I don't see anything wrong with putting a light bit of humor along with the multitude of advice on this thread.
Where and how to move a bag or pack around from A to B is hardly life and death. I'm sure the OP will be okay.
Hi mark,
Am glad that this lady got sorted as it sounded like she was really worried about the bag
Yes, humour is good.....but sometimes it's " dressed up as sarcasm"! And there is no need for that
Brenda 54 was asking for practical help, and surely a practical response initially instead of sarcasm would have been appreciated and allayed her anxiety.
So many however were able to give positive responses and encouragement
The fact that she wasn't able to sleep should have told us that she NEEDED her bags transported!
Also that so many likes were given to the comment made me wonder !!

Most of us carry our bags but there are genuine needs for transportation for those unable to carry the rucksacks whether due to illness or injury and for some people, it's the only way that they can walk the Camino.

But we all know this ...don't we!!??
Also people should not feel that they have to explain the need for transportation!
Just my opinion....my humble opinion of course!!
Best wishes
Annette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back