• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggest a route

VeganCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Frances from Saint Jean Pied du Port to Burgos, starting in June.
Hello travelers. I am looking for route advice. I previously walked the first few days of the Frances, then went to the Norte, then rejoined the Frances in Leon and walked to Santiago. This was late June through July 2019.

I have free time starting around Sept 15 and I was thinking of walking again. I'm coming from the USA so I'd like to have a few days in Barcelona and the Costa Brava before starting to walk. But... That puts the beginning of my Camino around October 1.

Will that be too late/cold/rainy? What route would you suggest for that time of year?

Thanks so much. I appreciate the wisdom of this group.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I have free time starting around Sept 15 and I was thinking of walking again. I'm coming from the USA so I'd like to have a few days in Barcelona and the Costa Brava before starting to walk. But... That puts the beginning of my Camino around October 1.

Will that be too late/cold/rainy? What route would you suggest for that time of year?
If you’re worried about October being too late in the season for walking, why not start walking straight away in mid-September and save the tourism until afterwards?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
If you’re worried about October being too late in the season for walking, why not start walking straight away in mid-September and save the tourism until afterwards?
That's a possibility. I like a few days to get on local time and relax before walking and I try not to "double back" to reduce my carbon footprint, but that it a possibility.

I'm curious from people who have walked in October and early November how much rain they experienced and how cold the nights are. I was spoiled with gorgeous late night sun in the summer.

An autumn walk seems more reflective and inward with cold mornings and a 5 pm sunset.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That's a possibility. I like a few days to get on local time and relax before walking and I try not to "double back" to reduce my carbon footprint, but that it a possibility.

I'm curious from people who have walked in October and early November how much rain they experienced and how cold the nights are. I was spoiled with gorgeous late night sun in the summer.

An autumn walk seems more reflective and inward with cold mornings and a 5 pm sunset.
Which camino do you want to walk and how long are you walking. In early October it can still be hot or maybe not. No one can predict the weather especially today. Obviously southern caminos will generally be hotter and caminos like the Norte or from Porto along the coast and more mountainous caminos may be cooler. My advice is not to worry about it. Just pick a camino and walk it!

Beautiful walking in late September but plenty of rain in Galicia in early November. October is my favorite time in northern Spain. I carry an umbrella. Buen Camino
Would you suggest the Frances or Norte in October? Thank you.

Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
For scenery the del Norte for a more communal Camino the Frances. If you haven’t walked either I would walk the Frances first. Buen Camino
Thank you 🙏🏽 I've done parts of both, but in July. It was 106 F in Pamplona!

Most read last week in this forum

I am on CF right now and just stopped in Os Arroxos Crispeta bar in Trabadelo. A Spanish pilgrim had exactly the same order as me and he paid 6.50 euro and I was charged 10.00 euro!!! It is not...
I noticed the other thread about arranging for the Botafumeiro to swing and it suggests the cost is circa €300. Now if I was flying half way around the world and I wanted to see the Botafumeiro...
Hola, todos. It seems entirely likely this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find any discussion. If (when!) one decides to have a day off from walking, is it possible to stay in...
Hi we will be in Pamplona on 28th July. We are Irish mostly from Armagh and would like to know where best to watch the all ireland gaa football final. Any Galway pilgrims walking too. Would...
In case you want to recreate this cake, here is an easy (and gluten-free) recipe, from a fairly well-known food maven. She's American but has lived and worked in Spain for a number of years...
Hi Camino pilgrims Thank you for having me on your forum. I will be travelling the Camino again this September,my second trip, and was wondering if it is acceptable to stay in the hostels and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back