Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Suggestions for a sleeping bag

Justin Yoo

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: (2009) (2014)(2015), (2016) Camino del Norte:(2017) Le Puy: (2021)
I have my 3rd Camino quickly approaching, and was wondering what would be an appropriate sleeping bag/liner for this upcoming April? My previous bag was my brothers and it has unfortunately ripped on its previous trip. I have been researching the weather and cannot come to a conclusion. My previous Camino's have been rather warm and since I am going in April I cannot gauge if the weather will be cold enough to warrant a heavy bag.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Not too heavy, there are good, affordable 3 season bags around that weight 700g or less. Buen Camino, SY

Justin Yoo

Camino Frances: (2009) (2014)(2015), (2016) Camino del Norte:(2017) Le Puy: (2021)
Thank you! SYates ill try and look for a 3 season bag!

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Justin Yoo

Thanks everyone for the suggestions opted on a Marmot 45 Nanowave hopefully it works out!

Suzanne Edminster

Paloma-Santiago June-July 2014
Thanks everyone for the suggestions opted on a Marmot 45 Nanowave hopefully it works out!
I took one and it was fine. If you can't find a bag, just buy one in Europe. Their bags are made for such walking adventures... all small like the Marmot Nanowave. We have supersized everything in the USA.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads