• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggestions for casa rural between Padron and SdC?

ak_troutbum

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugal coastal routeSept 2015
Hola pilgrims! I'm on Camino right now via the coastal route and seeking non alburgue housing my final night before SdC. Somewhere after Padron so that I have a shorter walk into SdC and can make mass.

Any suggestions/insight would be welcome!

Ps--I'm having my finest meal yet in Viana do Castelo tonight!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Try staying near Teo, along the Camino Portugues. You may need to Google for the type of accommodation which you have in mind.:rolleyes:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We stayed in Ames at Casa do Cruceiro, three k. after Teo and only 11 before Santiago.
Highly recommendable : 45 for a double and I think 35 for a single. A nice lady owns the place. Beware that the local cafe is only open on friday and weekend. And go a shop when walking to the Casa because there are no options there.
I left at 7.30 in the morning, arrived at ten in sdC, walked into the Oficina for my Compostela, dropped backpack into my hostal and made it perfectly on time for Mass.

http://www.casadocruceiro.com/galeria.htm

Casa Cruzeiro in Teo a Casalonga. Great place room witth jacuzzi. Landlady serves a great meal on demand.
But reserve as early as possible. This year when we phoned it allready was full. The first time in 2013 we had a great time . in John Brierleys guide you'll find the phonenumber. Highly recommended.

This year we stayed in a more expensive hotel close by Teo , o Pazo de Adran in Milladoiro. Great too but as been said more expensive. Close by the waymarkers. Only 7 kms from Santiago

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back